Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BRIDGING

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> BRIDGING Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BRIDGING - 8/22/2016 4:23:51 PM   
Zakalwe101

Has this already been discussed - Bridging - reduction thereof, encountered this isssue as illustrated below

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: BRIDGING - 8/22/2016 4:46:29 PM   
Zakalwe101

........what I should have actually posted is my query/request/observation , this screen shot is from Hells Crossroad played from the soviet side, the opposition being a British Battle group, as you can see the AI decided it needed to get to the crossroad by building multiple bridges, whilst I can admire the indirect approach of not trying to pour the whole BG across the bottle neck bridges on the A30 and K37 roads, I think the availability of heavy duty bridging equipment is over stated, to unit a unit of this size.
I realise that SOUTHERN STORM may well address this issue by actual representation of bridging units in accordance with established unit T.o. E but in the meantime would it be possible to restrict the construction of bridges to HQ units only ? (bridge demolition to remain available to all units) This would abstract the number of available bridges, and certainly on the Soviet side make the company HQ units a more valuable asset.

(in reply to Zakalwe101)
Post #: 2
RE: BRIDGING - 8/22/2016 6:50:55 PM   
vettim89

I think some of this is because there is essentially only one "River" terrain type in FPC. This encompasses everything from a wide stream to a minor river. A wide stream (<20m) could easily be bridged in 20-30 minutes by an AVLB. A minor river would take an actual bridging unit (scissor or pontoon). The Soviet TMM vehicle would be ideal for a minor river crossing (and they had a lot of them). A major river is likely beyond the scope of the game as it would require ferries and a large bridging unit. I suspect these types of units would be very rare (perhaps one per Soviet Army or US Corps or maybe even less)

< Message edited by vettim89 -- 8/22/2016 6:56:09 PM >

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry

(in reply to Zakalwe101)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> BRIDGING Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI