Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Emergency "evading", and special munitions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> Emergency "evading", and special munitions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emergency "evading", and special munitions - 8/15/2016 6:17:19 PM   
exsonic01

1. How about give emergency "evading" command?
Currently, "screen" command do the similar thing: hasty move when the enemy units are within n-number of hexes from the target unit. When units are under screen order, and if they get shot or being detected, they run away automatically. What I wish is upgraded version of screen order : "Evade" order

I wish the user also have the similar command option for "automatic scooting" behavior - very fast reacting hasty move order, evading 1 or 2 hexes away within 20 min, regardless of presence of enemy or engagement. This could be helpful for HQ or SPguns without "shoot and scoot" option, to escape from expected enemy arty fire. This move could take lots of readiness than other moves, but could improve the chance or survival for a moment.

2. Chemical/WP munitions
NATO and PACT had tons of 155mm / 152mm WP shells and chemical shells. Any plan to introduce those options? WP shells would have similar effect with what TOS-1 have now (I wish I could see more flames in the FX effect though). Chemical shell could be modeled as green-colored one hex smoke shell (and single hex effect weapon), with same damage and effect with current chemical weapon modeling.

Or can we mod them?
Post #: 1
RE: Emergency "evading", and special munitions - 8/15/2016 8:32:20 PM   
CapnDarwin

1. Units already have this in the form of the listed standoff range. The problem with it is it varies based on unit type and order combination and what works as a range for some does not work for others. We will be making changes in Southern Storm to allow the player to set standoff to suit the situation. That should get you what you need. As for scooting arty and HQs they do that automatically now. We will have to consider adding a selection to increase or decrease the move timing.

2. Chemical weapons are in the game and can be used by players if in the scenario. The AI does not use NBC weapons in Red Storm so it would need to be a player only situation. We will be adding the ability for the AI to use NBC in Southern Storm along with some other new abilities.

We are hard at work on Southern Storm and Pro work to support the warfighters.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 2
RE: Emergency "evading", and special munitions - 8/16/2016 7:11:04 AM   
exsonic01

Thanks for the reply.

1. I know that current screen order can do that, but I wish to have a full control to achieve that "emergency scooping/evading" ability, regardless of any standoff range or any situation. Glad to hear that you guyz are planning something in SS.

2. Of course there are NBC weapons in game, but I wish to see them as an available option for in/off map 152mm/155mm artillery units, like special munitions such as DPICM, FASCAM or smoke in game. 1~3 salvo possible only, and 1 salvo would take 200pt of victory point. Is this possible?

< Message edited by exsonic01 -- 8/16/2016 7:12:12 AM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> Emergency "evading", and special munitions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI