Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

US Army planes 1944

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> US Army planes 1944 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US Army planes 1944 - 7/29/2016 2:45:21 PM   
John B.

Hello all,

As we get into 1944 Scott has gleefully pointed out to me that my P-47 production basically stops in July. How sad! Given that there does not seem to be any real replacement for the lost production how do allied players manage the sudden down turn in US Army air production? There are some p_38s and p_51s that are produced but it does not seem to be enough to make up for all the p-47s heading to Europe.

Also, I see that I have plane types that I do not seem to be able to access. The best example is the Hurrican IV. I have a number of them in the aircraft pool but I do not seem to be able to upgrade to them with my RAF squadrons.

As always, any pointers are most appreciated!
Post #: 1
RE: US Army planes 1944 - 7/29/2016 10:16:58 PM   
jcjordan

Not a problem to me - for US a good supply of P47B/D around plus the P38L kicks in with a few P51B's upgrading some P40 units w/ enough P38H/J's hanging around give plenty till the P51Ds come online hot & heavy. The Brits start to upgrade to Thunderbolt I (P47B/C) so start to leave the Hurricanes behind but also should be well equipped w/ Spit V/VIII as should the Aussies. The few NZ units should start to fill out w/ Corsairs from Kittyhawks. Allied naval units should also be starting to have the latest & greatest in plentiful supply.

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 2
RE: US Army planes 1944 - 7/30/2016 1:28:22 PM   
John B.

JC,

Thanks for the tip. I guess I just love my jugs! :)

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 3
RE: US Army planes 1944 - 7/30/2016 11:26:00 PM   
bobdina

You'll get them again 3/45 N model

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 4
RE: US Army planes 1944 - 8/8/2016 6:12:54 PM   
crsutton

You really just need to plan ahead and budget. But if you look closely a lot of good fighters are showing up with your Allies and you can rely on them a bit more in the coming months. With the addition of the greater flow of Navy and Marine fighters your production is actually increasing. The jug gap is a pain but not the end of the world.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to bobdina)
Post #: 5
RE: US Army planes 1944 - 8/8/2016 9:33:12 PM   
John B.

CR,

Thanks for the tip! I checked out the Brits and it does seem like they and the Aussie/New Zealanders pick up the slack. I have loads and loads of navy planes but my squadrons are full so it looks like they'll never get used.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> US Army planes 1944 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI