Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie Question About Zones of Control

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Newbie Question About Zones of Control Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie Question About Zones of Control - 6/27/2016 2:29:09 AM   
dereck

What does it mean when the green circle of control has turned blue?

Thanks

PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie Question About Zones of Control - 6/27/2016 4:56:10 AM   
Aeson

Can you describe this circle in more detail? If it's a circle with a solid fill, then the change of the color from green to blue indicates that an empire whose empire color is blue has taken control of the colony or colonies at the center of the circle, or has at least one colony at the center of the circle whose influence (mostly dependent upon total population, if I'm not mistaken) has surpassed that of the green empire's colony or colonies in the same area. If it's a circle with a sort of crosshatched fill, then this circle indicates the approximate area of operations of a fleet in defensive posture; the home base of the fleet should be located at the center of the circle, and the radius should be determined by the engagement range setting for the fleet (note that neither the 'home base only' nor the 'anywhere' engagement ranges draw circles); a red circle with a crosshatch fill indicates the area of operations of a fleet in offensive posture, with the circle being centered upon the fleet's attack target.

Aside from that, I can't think of anything off the top of my head which would cause any circles to change color, except maybe pirate control, though I regard that more as black than as blue.

(in reply to dereck)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie Question About Zones of Control - 6/27/2016 12:45:34 PM   
Bingeling

Pirates only shows up in "galaxy view" if they actually gain control of the colony. And they do not project a zone of influence. It is just the normal "around the star ring" that any colony has (but in pirate color, which is always quite dark).

So my bet is on "posture circle", they can be toggled in a button above the minimap.

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie Question About Zones of Control - 6/28/2016 2:19:42 AM   
dereck

I figured it out - it's the zone of control of my naval forces stationed at systems

PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Newbie Question About Zones of Control Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI