Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First Try and Invasion ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Piercing Fortress Europa >> First Try and Invasion ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Try and Invasion ? - 6/23/2016 3:57:28 PM   
Yogi the Great

Finished First play of game Sicily Scenario. Minor defeat for my Allies last turn attack on Messina failed.

Stupid question probably, I may be missing something. After the above I decided to try the Italian campaign. Going through about 6 turns a couple of times but I can't get any unit to show amphibious invasion only movement option. Is there something I have to do to be able to invade? I'll try to check the manual again but thought I'd try a post as well even though this forum thread is pretty inactive.

Edit: Oh I see I forgot about the need to purchase sea transport points which I didn't need to do in Sicily.

< Message edited by Yogi the Great -- 6/23/2016 4:13:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: First Try and Invasion ? - 6/23/2016 5:27:47 PM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/26/2018 6:25:25 AM >

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 2
RE: First Try and Invasion ? - 6/23/2016 5:41:16 PM   
zakblood

agreed

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 3
RE: First Try and Invasion ? - 6/24/2016 6:23:17 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

Finished First play of game Sicily Scenario. Minor defeat for my Allies last turn attack on Messina failed.

Stupid question probably, I may be missing something. After the above I decided to try the Italian campaign. Going through about 6 turns a couple of times but I can't get any unit to show amphibious invasion only movement option. Is there something I have to do to be able to invade? I'll try to check the manual again but thought I'd try a post as well even though this forum thread is pretty inactive.

Edit: Oh I see I forgot about the need to purchase sea transport points which I didn't need to do in Sicily.

Did you get the attachment with the PM which describes the preparation for the first few turns of the Italian Campaign ?

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Post #: 4
RE: First Try and Invasion ? - 6/25/2016 11:41:56 AM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

quote:

Did you get the attachment with the PM which describes the preparation for the first few turns of the Italian Campaign ?

Yes I did, it was helpful and interesting. Should have paid more attention though as my invasion also bumped into that unit in Salerno and attack failed.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 5
RE: First Try and Invasion ? - 6/25/2016 7:08:22 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

quote:

Yes I did, it was helpful and interesting. Should have paid more attention though as my invasion also bumped into that unit in Salerno and attack failed.

Setting a level of 'interdiction' in the air priorities sliders will give some air recon and should show up enemy units which might block your landings.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

Post #: 6
RE: First Try and Invasion ? - 6/28/2016 3:38:22 PM   
Yogi the Great

Been having fun with game so far. The movement system is a challenge until you get use to it but certainly adds some fun and has some realism over many games. Because you order a move but often it can't get there because of enemy movement. Brother against Brother adds a similar type of uncertainty as you order a move but the unit may refuse (or not get order) or misinterpret and go elsewhere.

Combat is tough as I still try to figure out how much combat supply to give to who. The percentage of unsuccessful attacks has been quite high.

Anyway having fun, I think a lot of people are missing out on a very good game.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 7
RE: First Try and Invasion ? - 6/28/2016 9:52:58 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

Been having fun with game so far. The movement system is a challenge until you get use to it but certainly adds some fun and has some realism over many games. Because you order a move but often it can't get there because of enemy movement. Brother against Brother adds a similar type of uncertainty as you order a move but the unit may refuse (or not get order) or misinterpret and go elsewhere.

Combat is tough as I still try to figure out how much combat supply to give to who. The percentage of unsuccessful attacks has been quite high.

Anyway having fun, I think a lot of people are missing out on a very good game.

Strongly agree - It certainly makes you use more realistic strategies and movement, when you can't just shift units around at will, as you can with most other games. These WEGO games have a level of uncertainty which is priceless.

Post #: 8
RE: First Try and Invasion ? - 7/2/2016 6:39:48 PM   
Yogi the Great

Apparently on my first Main Italian Front try I got a minor victory.

A little confusing I thought the game malfunctioned as I couldn't continue playing it pretty much acted like it was locked up other that the Victory window. I did notice it said at the bottom I won a minor victory. Had 26 points and all the required cities except one. Confusion though as I was supposedly on turn 99 0r 130+ but it would not let me continue playing it just ended. No great victory screen to celebrate I guess. Not sure why the game stopped.

I found the late game situation interesting. Apparently D-Day not just takes way units for the allies, but harder to keep combat and/or fuel supplies going. Must be worse for the German's though as while I could attack or move rather sparingly the AI continued to keep the falling back. Funny I was able to advance over more ground as they retreated without having to fight tooth and nail like before D-day.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Piercing Fortress Europa >> First Try and Invasion ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI