Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How bout an updated remake of....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: How bout an updated remake of.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How bout an updated remake of.... - 6/22/2016 6:01:26 PM   
sIg3b

MoM comes as close to being the perfect game as any.

The thing is the enormous content and most of it rather well balanced.

Hundreds of viable Wizards to create combined with over a dozen races =replayability unmatched.

I want a 1:1 remake, change *nothing* except remove the few bugs, make the unit graphics in tactical combat less blurred and let the AI expand faster. It should conquer neutral cities aggressively in the early game so as to stay competitive. Or else give neutrals a stronger garrison. That´s all.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 31
RE: How bout an updated remake of.... - 6/22/2016 6:08:20 PM   
DonCzirr

How bout an updated remake of.... All older Matrix / Slitherine games that sound really cool but don't work well with modern systems .... Horse and Musket Vol I, Warplan Orange etc ....

Or cases of Abandonware like Time of Fury ..

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

(in reply to sIg3b)
Post #: 32
RE: How bout an updated remake of.... - 6/22/2016 6:42:47 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonCzirr

How bout an updated remake of.... All older Matrix / Slitherine games that sound really cool but don't work well with modern systems .... Horse and Musket Vol I, Warplan Orange etc ....

Or cases of Abandonware like Time of Fury ..

Are you talking about working with Windows 10? They all work for Windows 7 (according to the store page)...

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to DonCzirr)
Post #: 33
RE: How bout an updated remake of.... - 6/22/2016 7:39:35 PM   
Grognerd_INC

Like the idea of an updated Bismark, while your at it a new Iron Bottom sound & Jutland would be ok too. Along with AH Longest Day!

Post #: 34
RE: How bout an updated remake of.... - 6/22/2016 7:41:04 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Now, I do like the combat tactical portion of AOW III (except for sieges) but, that is really about all. I would have liked more races like AOW I had, up to 15 I believe. AOW III allows you only to play with SIX. They just keep taking away it would seem.

Hey hey HEY! AoW3 added character classes. Those add variety to any given race. I haven't played earlier games in the series, so I can't say would classes make as significant differences to elf race as those between wood elf and dark elf. But it adds something instead takes away.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

Post #: 35
RE: How bout an updated remake of.... - 6/22/2016 8:26:04 PM   
DonCzirr

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

Are you talking about working with Windows 10? They all work for Windows 7 (according to the store page)...

I'm talking about doing a refresh on games that were originally designed for 1024 x 768 etc - and bringing them up to

today's standards. For the customer then : No twinking around with compatibility, Direct x versions, using Windowed mode, dealing with stretched

graphics.

Not all games (and associated potential revenue) would justify a complete over-haul I realize - but I think it would be reasonable

to do what Beamdog did with Baldur's Gate II. (ignore recent patch changes) where the characters are a bit pixelated

but overall the product looks good, plays in 1920 x 1080 and needs no real major tweaking in order to enjoy the game.

< Message edited by DonCzirr -- 6/22/2016 8:29:08 PM >

Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 36
RE: How bout an updated remake of.... - 6/22/2016 10:11:04 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognerd

Like the idea of an updated Bismark, while your at it a new Iron Bottom sound & Jutland would be ok too. Along with AH Longest Day!

Yes, all of those classics would be welcome!

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to Grognerd_INC)
Post #: 37
RE: How bout an updated remake of.... - 6/22/2016 10:58:18 PM   
Freyr Oakenshield

Cyber Empires - - I played it on my Amiga 500 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap92ggn1-48

Liked it a lot...

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 38
RE: How bout an updated remake of.... - 6/23/2016 4:25:31 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Now, I do like the combat tactical portion of AOW III (except for sieges) but, that is really about all. I would have liked more races like AOW I had, up to 15 I believe. AOW III allows you only to play with SIX. They just keep taking away it would seem.

Hey hey HEY! AoW3 added character classes. Those add variety to any given race. I haven't played earlier games in the series, so I can't say would classes make as significant differences to elf race as those between wood elf and dark elf. But it adds something instead takes away.

AOW I let you PICK the personalities of the AI races or let the computer randomize them. I'd rather have that than scripted AI races in AOW III. AOWIII took away more than it added imo.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: How bout an updated remake of.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI