This is a great game and reminds me of Harpoon, but with much more depth. But like Harpoon, I'm finding it challenging to actually manage a battle and it seems to require quite a bit of manual intervention to make work. If that is WAD, I get that, but you've put in Missions which implies you wish less manual intervention. For me, I wish to feel like I'm in charge of an operation and want to put my assets in the right location at the right time and let the assets make good decisions. The game isn't quite there yet.
I'm running latest version of game. purchased, downloaded and upgraded a few days ago.
1) Patrols and Support should have the same escort options, since often I want to escort a SEAD Patrol or Early Warning Support. Yes I can put CAP in the same spot for Early Warning and make sure that they don't investigate other contacts, but I'd rather simply put planes on Escort for Patrols, etc., and call it good. For Patrols, this implies the ability to assign extra planes such that there always escorts in the air.
2) CAP requires the same type of nautical radius that you allow for escorts of a strike. In other words, investigate up to X number of miles. Having to click on investigate and then unclick on investigate when they get too far away is a challenge in large scenarios. In addition, the CAP runs off to investigate and suddenly more CAP is back up, so I run out of CAP. For large scenarios, especially with many objects being tracked both friendly and not, it's a challenge to even find where your CAP ran off to to determine if they need to be brought back.
3) I had SEAD patrol set up with investigate contacts set and they didn't go after a known SAM mobile. Is this WAD? CAP will run off at a moments notice, so I found this surprising. The SAM contact was hostile.
4) I manually moved the SEAD Patrol, with a couple of Growlers (HARMS) and F-18s (Anti-Radiation) towards the known SAM battery and the patrol launched virtually EVERYTHING at 3 radars and a SAM Battery. I lost count of the # of missiles launched. I haven't found anything under patrol in terms of limiting what it launches. I've seen A2A missles launched one at a time, but this was surprising to see everything launched once it got into range.
4) I tried an automatic attack from a DDG against an airbase and it launched all 72 cruise missiles! I was hoping it would be a bit smarter on automatic.
My experience so far is that the game in some ways is very smart and enables me to simply put my assets in the right locations at the right time, so I feel like I'm in charge of an operation. Then the game gets not so smart and I'm having to get involved in manual control of many little aspects.
< Message edited by vicberg -- 6/1/2016 7:30:45 PM >