Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[ANSWERED] Disappearing surface sensor rings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [ANSWERED] Disappearing surface sensor rings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[ANSWERED] Disappearing surface sensor rings - 5/29/2016 2:16:38 AM   
bdwilliams724

I'm building a scenario where I'm placing CDCMs and surface search radars in water areas to simulate artificial islands. For some reason the yellow range rings for some of the units disappear. I not sure what triggers it, but possibly when I save the scenario. I do everything I can to turn the radars on, but the range rings won't reappear. I cycle EMCON and other setting with no luck. I thought it was something to do with specific facility, but that doesn't seem to be it. I'll make copies of 3 units and then 2 of units won't display rings.

The radars without the yellow circles do seem to be functioning as they do detect contacts so it seems to be a display issue and not that the radars aren't on. Is this a possible bug, or maybe related to copying and moving land units into water?

Thanks for any help.

< Message edited by emsoy -- 5/30/2016 7:03:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Disappearing surface sensor rings - 5/29/2016 2:28:41 AM   
Rory Noonan

Can you post a save game showing this?

(in reply to bdwilliams724)
Post #: 2
RE: Disappearing surface sensor rings - 5/29/2016 4:28:13 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: bdwilliams724

I'm building a scenario where I'm placing CDCMs and surface search radars in water areas to simulate artificial islands. For some reason the yellow range rings for some of the units disappear. I not sure what triggers it, but possibly when I save the scenario. I do everything I can to turn the radars on, but the range rings won't reappear. I cycle EMCON and other setting with no luck. I thought it was something to do with specific facility, but that doesn't seem to be it. I'll make copies of 3 units and then 2 of units won't display rings.

Check your radar units on the 'artificial islands. Are they under water? Altitude negative?

< Message edited by michaelm -- 5/29/2016 4:30:51 AM >

Michael

Post #: 3
RE: Disappearing surface sensor rings - 5/29/2016 8:42:02 PM   
bdwilliams724

Yes, I think it was the altitude. To make a SAM or radar site in the water I've instead started with a generic ocean platform that acts like a ship. I can then add sensors, weapons, and magazines turn it into what I'd like. This also allows me to shift copy (clone) the unit and add it directly to another water location without having to put it on land and move it back to water.

Thanks for the help.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [ANSWERED] Disappearing surface sensor rings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI