site or steam version first? then lets see what's up,
How to get a DxDiag report file:
1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice
We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.
add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.
That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.
run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.
please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.
please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,
If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)