Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

-wd issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> -wd issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
-wd issue - 5/2/2016 5:15:50 PM   
dwesolick

I would very much like to run AE in full screen mode (as God surely intended) and I'm currently using the following switches:"D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -wd -archive -deepColor -altFont -cpu2 -multiaudio -dd_sw -px1920 -py1080
Anytime I make any changes to run in full screen (changing -wd to -fd or -f), the game runs in full screen but I get constant fading to desktop, and back to game. When I go back to -wd, everything is fine (except for the minor glitches everyone has already noted for windowed mode).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have a 2 year old Asus gaming laptop with 8.1.

thanks!

"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur
Post #: 1
RE: -wd issue - 5/2/2016 5:40:43 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: dwesolick

I would very much like to run AE in full screen mode (as God surely intended) and I'm currently using the following switches:"D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -wd -archive -deepColor -altFont -cpu2 -multiaudio -dd_sw -px1920 -py1080
Anytime I make any changes to run in full screen (changing -wd to -fd or -f), the game runs in full screen but I get constant fading to desktop, and back to game. When I go back to -wd, everything is fine (except for the minor glitches everyone has already noted for windowed mode).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have a 2 year old Asus gaming laptop with 8.1.

thanks!

A couple of things. The "d" in -wd or -fd means "when I am playing a game against the AI, make a backup every turn". So the "d" will not help nor hurt.

The system going back to desktop when you run the game in full screen mode is something else on the system, maybe your anti-virus software updating, taking focus. If I'm right about that it means you have to find out what it is, whether your anti-virus or something else, and then figure out what to do about it. Hope that helps.

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 2
RE: -wd issue - 5/6/2016 9:34:20 PM   
Admiral DadMan

I would also recommend not using -f because full screen is the default mode

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: -wd issue - 5/12/2016 10:05:37 PM   
dwesolick

In case anyone else has the same problem, I figured out the solution. I have a ton of (Colorado) pics on my desktop background that play in a continuous "slide show" format (pics change every 10 secs or so). I turned that off and now can run in full screen mode with no trouble!

"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> -wd issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI