Further updates as a result of latest trial run:
- COMPLETED: Change name of Disruptors research tree to a different weapon name (Trialling Molecular and Atomic Disruption - counteracts the cohesive bonds of molecules and atoms, causing matter to break apart into an explosive plasma.)
- TO DO: Change weapon-fire graphic of Disruptors to something more realistic but differentiate it from lasers and torpedoes.
- TO DO: Change weapon icon for Disruptors to something that is reminscent of the weapon-fire graphic.
- TO DO: Nurf the Disruptor chain of weapons, they're WAY too powerful... make persuing lasers more attractive. Suggest making Disruptors rapid fire but low yield weapons.
- TO DO: Edit Graviton weapon image to look like waves of distorted background image, stars distorting, something like that... waves, wifi style. Not a visible energy weapon but a sort of ... bending of the game image... can only be done with guess-work images in this version but it'll do, just use a typical star backdrop image.
- TESTING NOW: Design a few hypothetical base types... mining stations (light through miltary-grade), space ports, sensor platforms, impregnable hotel thingies, etc. (CURRENTLY TESTING LARGE DEFENSIVE MINING BASES - SO FAR THEY HOLD OFF A PIRATE CRUISER UNTIL THE SYSTEM FLEET ARRIVES)
- TO DO: Make things super expensive to build, so that a player really has to think a lot about where resources are coming from and how they're being spent.
- COMPLETED(works well): Make water a more valuable commodity - oxygen seems to be highly desired by bases and colonies which is perfect.
- TO DO: Consider research technologies which make more efficient use (and therefore less demand for supplies) of oxygen and water in particular - recycling? Other heavily used resources also? Fuels in particular.
- COMPLETED (works well): Drastically reduce the fuel consumption costs of fission reactors. They're cheap and reliable for a reason. Fission is cheap for fuel but highly expensive to build, and so on up the food chain of reactors. Typically fuel is cheap cheap... it's the tech that costs. (TESTING CHANGES)
- TESTING NOW: Drastically increase the desire for fuel consumption at bases and especially colonies. People need to run small motors, generators, etc. See if there's a way to limit or reduce demand of resources after a colony reaches a certain development level. (TESTING)
- COMPLETED (works well): Increase spawn rate of Food Stuffs by a lot. Perhaps replacing basic elements on oceanic and continental and marsh worlds that can be found commonly on other worlds (like aluminium, concrete, etc) (TESTING CHANGES)
- COMPLETED (works well): Increase spawn rate of Uranium, even if it's only in really small percentages... there's far too few key strategic locations for it, and it's a really critical fuel early-game. (TESTING CHANGES)
- COMPLETED (works well): Increase range of torpedos by about 50% and speed by about 15% (TESTING - Unhappy with results due to weapond damage fall-off, have reduced range to only slightly higher than before.)
- TESTING NOW: Either remove Aesthetics as a component in passenger cargo bays, or create a low-tech version (low yield) that doesn't use it as a resource in construction. Passenger transports are being held up and congesting construction yards due to a lack of this resource for private-commissioned passenger liners and it's holding up the show. (TESTING)
- COMPLETED (works well): Ajust Small Fuel Relay and Efficient Fuel Relay so there's an improvement to get Efficient Fuel Relay... (TESTING)
- TESTING NOW: Make Oxygen spawn far more frequently than it currently does... it's a really necessary resource and seems to be rare as hens teeth with the current settings... might need to begin reducing the spawn rate of other highly common resources like aluminium, concrete, and hydrocarbons. (TESTING)
- COMPLETED (works well): Aluminium seems to be too rarely spawned to cater for the demands of expansion. Consider either increasing Aluminium spawn rate, or reducing it's requirement in components.
- CANCEL (not required): Suppliment reactor energy generation in ships with batteries. Much slower energy generation, but much higher energy storage capacity. This will allow vessels and bases to do two things... 1) Use a different type of fuel as a back-up, and 2) Have a large energy reserve ready to be spent after having sat and recharged for some time. (SCRAP THIS IDEA. REACTORS WITH HIGHER OUTPUT AND LOWER FUEL REQUIREMENTS ARE WORKING WELL)
- Alter laser weapons to be longer range but weaker damage. Ensure that the heaviest laser is not much more powerful than the weakest plasma weapon, but range is much greater. - Credit: Hanekem, Shogouki
- See if there's a way to alter the galaxy-view zoom level icons for civilian ships from solid filled circles to something more light-weight such as crosses or smaller dots, so that a player can more readily see state ships in the galaxy view.
- Adjust all ship and base designs to have a much smaller use of reactors and fuel cells, to cater for reduced fuel usage of reactors and conserve uranium in early to mid game.
- Create several smaller scale facilities and their research techs which can be used to benefit colony growth, research rates, etc.
- Begin considering race-specific tech for biological as well as information-based tech trees. Creat Lore behind the races that use this technology, and consider cross-over technology where some can be researched or absorbed by other races along the way, and vice versa.
- Consider replacing biomass as a luxury resource with another less used tech (such as gems or methane) to free up biomass to be more readily available to the research tree.
- Experiment with alternative designs for icons to differentiate between raw and manufactured resources using less subtle graphics. - Credit: Shark7, Francoy, Japhet