Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Updates and Game Performance Speed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Updates and Game Performance Speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Updates and Game Performance Speed - 4/27/2016 6:54:33 PM   
DWReese

Hi Gang,

I wanted to my personal observations about the quickly arriving updates and the game performance speed. I think that it will be helpful.

Whenever a new update comes, I immediately install it, and then I update the scenario that I am about to play. Then I save it. I'm sure that everyone does this.

But, and here's the biggie, if you immediately start playing the scenario right away your game performance speed is decidedly slower than if you exit the scenario, and then reload it, and then start playing.

I recently experienced what I noticed was a slower-than-expected performance (a drop) when updating a scenario without exiting. I then tested my theory by doing what I described above: Update, Save, Exit, Re-Load. I found that if did that, then the game is super quick again.

It's possible that some of the slower-than-usual performance issues that some (including me) have reported are associated with this issue. Update, Save, EXIT, and then Re-Load.

I salute everyone that works so hard, and so long, at trying to make this simulation the best ever. You sincerely deserve our praise!

Doug
Post #: 1
RE: Updates and Game Performance Speed - 4/27/2016 8:10:30 PM   
ComDev

Thanks Doug

"Update" means rebuilding with the latest database version, yes?

It is true that the newest databases (DB v442, 443 and 444) run the scenarios faster than earlier versions. As such I can recommend that all scenario authors upgrade their scens to the latest database version (444).

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 2
RE: Updates and Game Performance Speed - 4/27/2016 8:32:41 PM   
DWReese

Ragnar,

Yes, that was what I was "aiming" for. Updating everything (game files AND the DB) and then saving the scenario. Then, as I said, if you EXIT, and then LOAD it again, there is a HUGE difference. I can imagine that some gamers are doing what I earlier did, and then started playing right away. Then, if so, they would probably complain that it was much slower. It was. But, the "fix is in."

You poor tech guys were probably going nuts every time trying to track it down. Then, you find out that most of it could have been resolved if the gamer updated it, saved it, and then reloaded it, before playing.

I know that you probably know this stuff, so I just thought that I would post this as it was coming from just a "commoner", like myself. <G>

Great job, EVERYONE!

Doug

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Updates and Game Performance Speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI