Fans of Pike & Shot: Campaigns rejoice! The developers are working hard on a patch containing many bug-fixes, balance changes and UI improvements and would like your contribution. The patch is now in Steam open beta and all players are invited to join!
On Steam, go to your Library, right click on Pike & Shot: Campaigns, click on Properties, then under the Betas tab select the beta branch from the dropdown menu.
Important: All multiplayer games will be hosted on the beta server. If you have any ongoing multiplayer games you can still play them, but you will have to revert to the release version to do so, by disabling the Beta patch under Properties -> Betas. This only takes a few seconds, so should not put you off trying the beta
Version 1.2.4 Changelog:
1. MP server now sends notification email when challenge is first accepted.
2. Historical button is back to pulsing red when there are new user-created scenarios to download.
3. Major optimisation to prevent slow downs caused by large number of objects on the map (usually forests).
4. Improved campaign AI.
a. AI less likely to chase small raiding forces.
b. AI less likely to lift siege to go and do something else, unless that something else is more important.
5. In Campaigns, End Turn button no longer visible when there is a battle pending.
6. Added tooltip to unit list in the Editor, giving more information about the unit type.
7. Reduced dismounted men-at-arms AP to 10 as they should be.
8. Corrected rare campaign bug in which army reduced to 0 men was not eliminated.
9. Corrected rare campaign bug in which an army could be in two places at the same time. (Which was a consequence of the previous bug).
10. Corrected bug which sometimes caused heavy/medium artillery not to be deployed on the battlefield in very high points count skirmishes.
11. Corrected bug that prevented the adjusted victory conditions for asymmetrical MP historical scenarios from working correctly for the 60% condition.
12. Charge tooltip now correctly reports when a flank/rear charge will not cause a cohesion autodrop because the charged unit has already autodropped cohesion from a flank/rear charge this turn.
13. Corrected extremely rare bug that could cause AI units to move ridiculously long distances in normal movement.
14. Changed PlaceUnit() function to return the id of the placed unit. This is useful for Scenario scripts when expanding on the script fragment optionally generated by the editor for Reinforcements. (Previously it was necessary to use the PlaceUnitX() function instead).
15. Option to change Difficulty settings no longer offered at the end of campaign battles. You can still change the difficulty setting during a campaign battle if you really want, but it isn’t recommended because it won’t alter the difficulty for the current battle (unless you pick the highest or lowest setting) and it won’t alter the AI side’s strategic revenue advantage in the current campaign. It will, however, alter the force ratio at which each side will retreat rather than accepting battle.
< Message edited by AlbertoC -- 6/22/2016 8:42:29 AM >