Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

how can I evaluate how auto naval patrols are going?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> how can I evaluate how auto naval patrols are going? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how can I evaluate how auto naval patrols are going? - 3/30/2016 9:43:35 AM   
quertice

one example:

Husky scenario, axis side vs ai
18 losses this turn on auto naval patrols

I don't know if those 18 losses worth losses that auto naval patrols inflicted to enemy, I can see sea interdiction levels but I don't know how to evaluate usefulness to keep all airgroup on auto naval patrol like I'm doing as far as now:

< Message edited by qwetry -- 3/30/2016 11:24:33 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: how can I evaluate how auto naval patrols are going? - 3/31/2016 12:25:53 AM   
Joel Billings

Well looks like you're not generating much naval interdiction around Sicily, so if that's your goal, it's not working. You're probably not impacting his naval convoys much if at all as his convoys aren't going to be sailing north of Sicily at this point (where you presumably have more naval interdiction). If you expect another landing in Italy or Sardinia/Corsica, it may make sense for you to keep the patrols going, otherwise, you could back off until you expect that invasion. Not sure if I've answered your question. You can look at the loss screen and find the number of Allied Troop and Cargo ships destroyed if that interests you, but it's for the entire map and from all causes (which include routine attrition).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to quertice)
Post #: 2
RE: how can I evaluate how auto naval patrols are going? - 3/31/2016 2:53:57 PM   
whoofe

its gonna be tough for the axis to interdict large areas because with lack of planes it will be so dispersed. you'll want to concentrate your interdiction so that the interdict levels are 2+, so you will need to choose the times and places for this to be the most useful

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: how can I evaluate how auto naval patrols are going? - 3/31/2016 11:32:56 PM   
quertice

Now it's clear to me what I have to do, thanks all

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> how can I evaluate how auto naval patrols are going? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI