Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soivet ASuW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Soivet ASuW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soivet ASuW - 3/29/2016 10:21:27 AM   
jafo657

I'm writing a quick scenario set in the North Atlantic where the player is playing as NATO and the Computer Controlling the Soviet Bombers looking for the NATO TF. Is there a way to automatically setup the Soviet bombers to launch and attack the TF without setting up complex patrol boxes all over the Atlantic. I thought maybe with the Satellites but l haven't really worked them out.

Thanks

Doug
Post #: 1
RE: Soivet ASuW - 3/29/2016 12:21:42 PM   
apache85

Use something to find the NATO group (satellites like your example would work perfectly), and set the bombers to a 'Naval ASuW Strike' mission without any defined targets. They should launch when the group is detected and within range.

Is that what you mean?

(in reply to jafo657)
Post #: 2
RE: Soivet ASuW - 3/29/2016 1:09:19 PM   
thewood1

There are a bunch of ways to do it. Through a large defined area and the strike set to patrol, through the event editor and a naval strike with no target, event editor with a general surface target, event editor with a specific target, etc. The main reason for an area approach is to set something to declare the surface group hostile. Otherwise you can have recon patrols out to ID is. You can also set ROE to attack any surface unit that has no ID. So you can see, there a large number of ways to do it. It depends on what else is going on with the scenario and what you are trying to accomplish.

You said something about drawing complex areas. If drawing a basic square is overly complex, you should probably spend more time learning the game or stick to small simple scenarios. Defining areas of operations and missions is a fundamental part of the game and real life. If it adds too much of a burden for you, stick to some basic scenarios.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 3/29/2016 9:48:28 PM >

(in reply to apache85)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Soivet ASuW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI