Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[MINOR UI ISSUE / WAD / USER: UPDT MISSIONS] a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [MINOR UI ISSUE / WAD / USER: UPDT MISSIONS] a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[MINOR UI ISSUE / WAD / USER: UPDT MISSIONS] a/c attack... - 3/21/2016 10:08:57 PM   
JPFisher55

I'm using RC3, 1.11, B804. My a/c on air patrol is attacking outside of its prosecution zone. It is the F-16 "79...backup."
I waited for it to turn around once it left its prosecution zone, but it does not do so.
Saved game attached.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/21/2016 11:35:41 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone - 3/21/2016 11:16:36 PM   
thewood1

Don't see it. One flight of 2 got in a fight with a Mig23 shortly after start. It was outside patrol zone but in prosecution zone. One got killed and the other RTB Winchester. One F-16 is landed at Thule. Another RTB Bingo. What am I missing that you see?

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 2
RE: a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone - 3/21/2016 11:19:28 PM   
mikmykWS

Ok if I drop and re add the aircraft it correctly goes back behind the prosecution barrier which means its working.

Do you have an earlier save where it actually crossed the line? We have to be able to see that it was actually not in the engaged offensive state before the prosecution zone part was turned on. If not I don't think our team should invest much time in it as its WAD.

Thanks!

Mike

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 3/21/2016 11:20:30 PM >

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 3
RE: a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone - 3/21/2016 11:33:36 PM   
ComDev

Lol yeah there is a slight UI distortion for the 1000 x 1000 nm patrol zone far to the north Ran it through the debugger and the F-16s evaluate correctly but the border of the prosecution zone is taking a slightly northernly route. If you halve the zone size it works fine.

This is an UI issue with a 3rd party library, apparently. Not much I can do. In any case, drawing stuff on a spherial map is complex, and simplifications are made to maximize speed.

Having such a terribly large prosecution zone has other issues that are far more serious though. Always use as small mission areas as possible, ref: the v1.11 performance post on WarfareSims

< Message edited by emsoy -- 3/21/2016 11:38:10 PM >

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 4
RE: a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone - 3/22/2016 12:14:14 AM   
JPFisher55

Ok, I understand. What looks like the border of my prosecution zone is not exactly the border since it is a flat representation on a spherical 3d map.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 5
RE: a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone - 3/22/2016 12:40:14 AM   
mikmykWS

Eh we'll see. The issue is if that's true why did unassigning and reassigning not have the same issue?

My guess is that you set the restrictions after the plane went to engaged offensive.

Anyways we'll run this down. Don't lose any sleep over this

Mike

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 6
RE: a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone - 3/22/2016 4:53:18 PM   
JPFisher55

Mike, FWIW, it's the northern zone called "Thuleaawgen" and F-16 numbered "79 backup." When I moved the prosecution zone back from Iceland just a bit, the plane returned to its proper zone. That is why, I'm guessing that the zone is/was slightly larger than it appears. I set the patrol and prosecution zones at the beginning of the scenario.

I have not seen this issue for any other patrols, so it is very minor.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [MINOR UI ISSUE / WAD / USER: UPDT MISSIONS] a/c attacking outside of prosecution zone Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI