Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Outstanding game... next step

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> Outstanding game... next step Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outstanding game... next step - 3/19/2016 4:22:44 PM   
lwarmonger

So I really like this game. Easy to play, difficult to master, with an AI and mechanics that force you to make real decisions.

There are two things that I think would make this game much, much better though. First, more choices when it comes to cards. Even a choice between 3 each time would give you much more flexibility. As things are, I find myself forced to receive a lot of cards I don't want, and can never play or get rid of. Second, Great Britain DLC! That would increase the replayability 100 percent, and give us a new challenge from a significantly different angle.

Once again, great game, and fantastic job with the mechanics and balance of it. One of the best beer and pretzel type computer strategy games I've seen in a while.
Post #: 1
RE: Outstanding game... next step - 3/19/2016 6:12:38 PM   
gdrover

Thanks so much! Balance and strong AI is exactly why we wanted to focus on France only for the initial launch of the game.

That said, we are definitely planning to create a DLC that will allow the player to play as Britain, and a strong French AI to go along with that (of Course!). It will also contain an expanded naval game and other additions and improvements.

All of this is predicated on the success of the main game, so if you know anyone who would like a game like this, please let them know about it! The larger the community, the better.

(in reply to lwarmonger)
Post #: 2
RE: Outstanding game... next step - 3/20/2016 12:35:17 AM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: gdrover

Thanks so much! Balance and strong AI is exactly why we wanted to focus on France only for the initial launch of the game.

That said, we are definitely planning to create a DLC that will allow the player to play as Britain, and a strong French AI to go along with that (of Course!). It will also contain an expanded naval game and other additions and improvements.

All of this is predicated on the success of the main game, so if you know anyone who would like a game like this, please let them know about it! The larger the community, the better.

Well I'm very much into online safelist marketing,in fact I'm just about to launch my very own Safelist, so rest assured I will be sending out messages,highlighting how much I enjoy playing this easy to play, but hard to master game.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 3/20/2016 12:37:00 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to gdrover)
Post #: 3
RE: Outstanding game... next step - 3/20/2016 2:28:33 AM   
tombo

...is FOW provided?
It looks as the enemy units info is always available.
Is this something that can be added?

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 4
RE: Outstanding game... next step - 3/20/2016 6:22:26 PM   
gdrover

I like that idea. We hadn't thought to do Fog of War, but it is a very interesting addition. I can imagine it like this:
* The closer an enemy army is the better the information available (number of units, types, etc.)
* The number of light cavalry that you have vs. the enemy's light cavalry, the information
gets even more detail.

This could be a setting for players who want this.

Adding to DLC list.

(in reply to tombo)
Post #: 5
RE: Outstanding game... next step - 3/20/2016 7:44:12 PM   
stormbringer3

I think that adding some FOW is a great idea.

(in reply to gdrover)
Post #: 6
RE: Outstanding game... next step - 3/20/2016 8:14:49 PM   
comsolut

Same game engine covering The American Civil War.

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 7
RE: Outstanding game... next step - 3/20/2016 8:42:01 PM   
FF_1079

Agreed on the FOW, knowing there is an army in a province is one thing, knowing the exact composition is another. A good alternative use of PP for espionage?

(in reply to comsolut)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> Outstanding game... next step Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI