Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Covered arc

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Covered arc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Covered arc - 3/16/2016 8:37:02 AM   
fran52

This is a defect of the game or i have understood nothing?
When you do a scenario there is no way to adjust the covered arc of the placed units.This prevents to do a good defensive placement of the AI units(AFV and Gun).
Is so or there is a way not discoverd by me?
Post #: 1
RE: Covered arc - 3/16/2016 11:45:09 AM   
Paullus

There is two ways

1. If you place the unit on the map you select the hex. Then select the vehicle in the bottom left box and then click on the covered a3c buttons to the right of the box.

2. If you place a Setup Zone you then place the object Covered Arc as well in that hex and chose the direction in 5he pop up window that appear when you place the covered arc object

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 2
RE: Covered arc - 3/16/2016 12:40:05 PM   
UP844

Unfortunately, the covered arc buttons share the same location of the "Remove unit" button, so the latter is shown first. Leave the mouse pointer over "Remove Unit" and after a few seconds it will - hopefully - disappear, giving you access to the CA buttons. I have already reported this "bug" to Peter.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 3
RE: Covered arc - 3/16/2016 3:24:29 PM   
fran52

quote:

There is two ways

1. If you place the unit on the map you select the hex. Then select the vehicle in the bottom left box and then click on the covered a3c buttons to the right of the box.

2. If you place a Setup Zone you then place the object Covered Arc as well in that hex and chose the direction in 5he pop up window that appear when you place the covered arc object

Not clear.I speak about a scenario with the units placed on map in free zone and in the editor.
There are no button for the covered arc.If this units are in defence and under PC control(AI),the
pre game setup is done by the PC without possibilty to correct the arc.The only way is to play human vs human ,but is not my project.

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 4
RE: Covered arc - 3/16/2016 3:46:26 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: acropora

quote:

There is two ways

Not clear.I speak about a scenario with the units placed on map in free zone and in the editor.
There are no button for the covered arc.If this units are in defence and under PC control(AI),the
pre game setup is done by the PC without possibilty to correct the arc.The only way is to play human vs human ,but is not my project.

If you want a vehicle to face at certain direction when it is placed on a hex, you need to place the covered arc object in that hex. Please see bottom part of the page 41 of the manual.

If you place a vehicle on the map in the editor then click on the hex with vehicle, next to the unit control panel on the bottom part of the screen, are both hull and turret covered arc buttons. You select the vehicle in the control panel and then you click on the desired covered arc buttons.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 3/16/2016 3:50:03 PM >

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 5
RE: Covered arc - 3/16/2016 3:51:14 PM   
DoubleDeuce

acropora, if I understand correctly I am seeing the same thing. When you place a unit in the editor, it defaults pointing to the upper right. Even if you deploy the unit (free placement), adjust the HCA, remove the unit from the map, set to a deploy zone, save and then open the scenario to play, the AI deploys all vehicles back in the upper right Hull covered arc? Depending on the enemy force location, all AI in the defense vehicles can get deployed facing the opposite direction when they arrive??

EDIT: OK, I got it now Peter, that didn't click earlier when I was reading the manual but it does now. Thanks!

< Message edited by Double Deuce -- 3/16/2016 3:56:15 PM >

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 6
RE: Covered arc - 3/16/2016 4:23:53 PM   
fran52

Yes is so.I have not found a method to adjust HCA in the editor and ,in this way,a gun remain unused because don't change the CA if a enemy approach the position.

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 7
RE: Covered arc - 3/16/2016 4:35:34 PM   
fran52

quote:

If you want a vehicle to face at certain direction when it is placed on a hex, you need to place the covered arc object in that hex. Please see bottom part of the page 41 of the manual.

If you place a vehicle on the map in the editor then click on the hex with vehicle, next to the unit control panel on the bottom part of the screen, are both hull and turret covered arc buttons. You select the vehicle in the control panel and then you click on the desired covered arc buttons.

I have found the problem.I use 1024 X 768 and ,with this resolution, the HCA button are not visible!
I don't know where they are.The problem,for me,is that if i use other possible resolution the immagines are streched because all the screen is used instead of 3/4.Anyway I can program my scenario with other resolutions and than play with the usual.
So the defect,if we can use this word,is in the 1024X768 not well supported.

< Message edited by acropora -- 3/16/2016 4:38:27 PM >

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 8
RE: Covered arc - 3/16/2016 5:07:18 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

quote:

I have found the problem.I use 1024 X 768 and ,with this resolution, the HCA button are not visible!
I don't know where they are.The problem,for me,is that if i use other possible resolution the immagines are streched because all the screen is used instead of 3/4.Anyway I can program my scenario with other resolutions and than play with the usual.
So the defect,if we can use this word,is in the 1024X768 not well supported.

Correct, I will fix the 1024x768 resolution issue with the CA buttons not being visible in the editor in the upcoming game update.

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 9
RE: Covered arc - 3/16/2016 11:25:58 PM   
Peter Fisla

I have fixed the 1024x768 resolution issue in the editor, the covered arc buttons are now visible for that resolution. See the screenshot below:

Thanks

Peter

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 3/16/2016 11:26:47 PM >

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 10
RE: Covered arc - 3/16/2016 11:31:41 PM   
fran52

Perfect,thank you Peter.When you release this new feature?

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 11
RE: Covered arc - 3/17/2016 12:47:48 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

Perfect,thank you Peter.When you release this new feature?

I'm aiming for the end of the month...

(in reply to fran52)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Covered arc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI