Yes yes trust and all that crap, but if i read a thread that states save games have been hacked, I rather have confirmation that the files are secured in later updates.
And the answer I got back was, it is possible. now the advice I got so far, is to not play Chinese and Russians and to trust my fellow gamers.
And people who ask this Question ask it because they hacked the game file themselves. (amazing feat considering my skill set), also if I hacked the file, I would have had the answer to the question by myself
But the background of my check has been satisfied, I think that I know how and what happened.
• It was pointed out to you that the thread about the game file hacked which you linked to was a different game.
• If someone works at it enough and has enough skills/knowledge, any file like that can be "hacked" by guessing the password eventually. That does not make the concept of PBM "dead" any more than burglars make the concept of houses dead.
• You missed the discussion about a player, not a regular on this forum, who (apparently) hacked the game using development tools and changed a bunch of settings on his side. "Roy" (IIRC) ran an AAR in a forum (I think in Germany but don't recall for sure) where as the Allies he very methodically started totally kicking his opponent's butt early on, counter-invading and such with forces that would have been crushed had he not cheated. People figured out "no way!" and eventually he admitted what he did. Even that did not make the concept of PBM "dead".
• There are a number of professional software developers on the forum who play PBM. Undoubtedly they have the skills and could, if they wished, do the same thing that "Roy" did, but they don't.
• "Trust and all that crap" is all that you have ever had, you just didn't understand that.
My advice is stop worrying and have fun!