Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta for testing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta for testing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta for te... - 3/4/2016 5:15:19 AM   
Mgellis

Newest beta for testing. This is a small scenario that features an intelligence-gathering mission. Your real goal is to avoid combat. It also features a modified LCS as a next generation Argentine fast frigate.

Please let me know what you think. Among other things, I am curious if I am getting the Executive Officer right. At various points, he advises the player (the Captain of the Kent) on what needs to be done. Would an XO actually talk this way to his commanding officer or should I rephrase things? Any other recommendations for the way messages are set up--does it give the right information at the right time, etc.?

Thanks!

[version 2 uploaded 9:30 PM 3/16/16]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mgellis -- 3/17/2016 2:29:30 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 3/5/2016 11:10:33 AM   
AlexGGGG

In a scenario description, hanger should be hangar.

I'd say the XO is too casual, but I have no real experience :)

I did gather the intel and won, and after that turned towards the frigate, and found out that if he shoots first, I am dead, and if I shoot first, he is dead.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 3/6/2016 8:29:18 AM   
Sensei.Tokugawa

I am in the middle of the mission, it's the night after the first day of operations and I noticed a bizarre thing, namely the Type 1007 radar which is in the hull specifications described as having range of 96 nms is actually picking up the surface contacts to maximum distance of some 25 nm.I thought that may be it was the difference between nm and klicks, but both values are given in nm. The quick net search I have just performed yields up 300 klicks which I believe is consistent with about 96 nm.

Screen and save attached.

Attachment (1)

"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 3
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 3/6/2016 9:59:07 AM   
AlexGGGG

This is probably a line of sight limitation. Given radar antenna height 30 meters and target height 10 meters, the line of sight (radar horizon range) is 36 km, about 20 NM, according to this - http://www.calculatoredge.com/electronics/lineofsight.htm

(in reply to Sensei.Tokugawa)
Post #: 4
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 3/6/2016 1:19:48 PM   
ojms

Also the LCS is very stealthy so will make it harder to detect.

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 5
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 3/6/2016 1:37:48 PM   
Sensei.Tokugawa

Agree with the surface curve argument,also sea state is 4, but that should basically regard subs mainly and I would go with the LCS stealthy design, but to my best knowledge the signal doesn't bounce off and return the echo of the civilian traffic around which is also present in the area.

"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 6
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 3/15/2016 3:17:59 AM   
Mgellis

Any other comments or suggestions? Anything else I can do to make this a better and/or more challenging and/more believable and/or more fun scenario? Thanks.

(in reply to Sensei.Tokugawa)
Post #: 7
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 3/16/2016 11:23:11 PM   
mikkey

Mark, it would be good if you correct the "Bravo Patrol" by using the new 1.11 feature "Area (Polygon) Validation".

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 8
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 3/17/2016 2:35:27 AM   
Mgellis

Version 2 uploaded. I think I've fixed the polygon issue.

What else can I do to make it a better scenario? Any other thoughts on how the XO gives information to the player/CO? Too informal? I'm using the XO to give hints and advice to the player, of course, but I don't want it to be totally unrealistic.

Thanks.

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 9
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 3/23/2016 4:54:34 AM   
Mgellis

Any other thoughts on this one, or is it ready for the Community Scenario Pack? Thanks.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 10
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 10/14/2016 3:03:41 PM   
ojms

Was this ever released?

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 11
RE: Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta fo... - 10/14/2016 8:22:19 PM   
mikkey

I suppose yes, Community Scenario Pack contains this scenario.

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Frigate Duel in the Scotia Sea, 2023 -- new beta for testing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI