Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can i embed support device with a location(City)?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Can i embed support device with a location(City)? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can i embed support device with a location(City)? - 2/27/2016 10:45:38 PM   
Dili

Putting support into city locations instead of making an LCU with support. Will it add to support and work in game?

I want to add a support level based on population/industry to most cities, while cutting on support when they are on the field
so instead of making a propose built unit why not just use the existing city location. This the idea if it works.
Post #: 1
RE: Can i embed support device with a location(City)? - 2/28/2016 1:54:46 PM   
Alfred

Not the way to do it.

The simplest way is to create a dedicated static LCU.  That will work and be recognised by the combat routines.

The problem with your idea is that whilst in theory one can add devices in the slots reserved for industry items (the Hex Command Display) they will almost certainly not be recognised by the existing routines.  The question of replacements is also relevant.

Likely problems you will encounter embedding them in the HCD include:

• these support devices not being targeted in an air ground attack
  • these support devices probably being targeted in an air city attack (and perhaps in a naval bombardment)
  • probably not consuming supply but in any case opening up the possibility of wrecking the auto overland logistic routines
  • no guarantee that they will provide support as the fatigue/disruption reduction routines will probably only be looking at LCUs with their leader modifiers
  • quite possibly they will be treated differently depending on whether it is a Japanese or Allied base.  Destroyed Japanese devices may be able to receive replacements but this is unlikely for destroyed Allied devices.  Whether the 1000 supply point for repair of industry items would also be required definitely needs a michaelm to answer

I don't see why you are reluctant to create a dedicated static LCU.  Each one can be unique for each location and you don't actually have to give it a TOE.  Plus there are locations, usually Japanese bases, where there is no free slot left anyway.  For them you would have to remove an industrial facility to accommodate your device.

The other point to make is that LCUs out in the field do not share support devices.  Even if you don't make them static, in the field their support devices do not make up for support deficiencies in the combat units.

Alfred

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 2
RE: Can i embed support device with a location(City)? - 2/28/2016 3:26:05 PM   
Dili

Perfectly clear. Thanks Alfred.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Can i embed support device with a location(City)? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI