Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Zoom levels

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Zoom levels Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zoom levels - 2/25/2016 8:11:36 PM   
toddtreadway

Is there any way to zoom in or out? I seem to only be able to use one level.
Post #: 1
RE: Zoom levels - 2/25/2016 8:22:06 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

There is only one zoom level, you can use the jump map to jump to a different area of the map or scroll the map

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 2
RE: Zoom levels - 2/25/2016 8:25:56 PM   
Thomasew

Hi Peter,

Speaking of the jump map, .. should it be persistent?

As soon as I click on it, .. the map will scroll, .. but the jump map disappears ..

Cheers
Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 3
RE: Zoom levels - 2/25/2016 8:31:41 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thomasew

Hi Peter,

Speaking of the jump map, .. should it be persistent?

As soon as I click on it, .. the map will scroll, .. but the jump map disappears ..

Cheers
Tom

It was programmed that way, so the jump map is not in our way anymore once you use it.

(in reply to Thomasew)
Post #: 4
RE: Zoom levels - 2/25/2016 8:33:40 PM   
bo

quote:

Hi toddtreadway, I have not seen the game yet so I cannot comment on how different zoom levels look, but just a suggestion, when I looked at the tutorials I used my windows seven magnifier, and it worked fine at different levels.

Bo

Post #: 5
RE: Zoom levels - 2/25/2016 8:38:49 PM   
toddtreadway

The Windows magnifier is fine if you are playing in Windowed mode, but I can't play in Windowed mode because Windows 10 won't let me modify the config.ini file.

Regardless, in-game zoom levels really are an option that should be explored. I'm surprised it wasn't implemented on release. Honestly, almost all wargames have multiple zoom levels.

FYI, I am having a lot of fun with the game so far. It is so nice to be able to play ASL again (or at least the closest) thing I've seen to it in a computer game!)

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 6
RE: Zoom levels - 2/25/2016 8:44:15 PM   
bo

quote:

The Windows magnifier is fine if you are playing in Windowed mode, but I can't play in Windowed mode because Windows 10 won't let me modify the config.ini file.

Regardless, in-game zoom levels really are an option that should be explored. I'm surprised it wasn't implemented on release. Honestly, almost all wargames have multiple zoom levels.

FYI, I am having a lot of fun with the game so far. It is so nice to be able to play ASL again (or at least the closest) thing I've seen to it in a computer game!)

I agree about more zoom levels of you think it would befit the eyesight
Do not know about windows 10, it was just a suggestion.

Bo

Post #: 7
RE: Zoom levels - 2/25/2016 9:08:25 PM   
Lonewolf44

Absolutely agree - the Zoom Levels really should have been there initially. I know the game was getting torched by some YouTubers for its "DOS-like graphics" (as I think one of them said).

That didn't bother me at all; as a tactical boardgame wargamer, I bought if for the play, not the counter art.

But not including things that even the first initial - relatively successful - attempts at porting board wargames to desktop/laptop had (Tiller's games, for instance) - like zoom levels, options for NATO symbols on the counters, options for seeing a bit more number-crunching details under the hood (a huge reason that keeps ASLers and their ilk from playing PC games) - was troubling to me.

I bought the game in spite of those - hoping later patches may bring some of those along - and so, far am glad I did. But something like Zoom levels beyond just the Jump Map seems like a "Need To Have" rather than a "Nice To Have" for game like this to me.

Still putting it through its paces though - we'll see if this is less an issue as time goes on. Or, gets trumped by bigger ones.

If the end doesn't justify the means, what does?

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 8
RE: Zoom levels - 2/25/2016 9:16:54 PM   
chrisleko

quote:

Install the game in c:\matrixgames or some such (e.g., not in program files) and you'll be able to edit the ini file. I tried it earlier and it worked fine.

Post #: 9
RE: Zoom levels - 2/25/2016 9:44:22 PM   
surfcandy

Windows 10 magnifier works great in full screen.

(in reply to chrisleko)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Zoom levels Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI