Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Broken units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Broken units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Broken units - 2/25/2016 8:06:54 PM   
toddtreadway

In my opinion, when a unit is broken, there should be some indication that it is broken. For example, I am playing a scenario as the Germans. There are two American half-squads with bazookas. The bazooka is on top of each half squad. I broke one of the half squads, but there is no indication on the map of that. I have to click on the hex of the unit to see that. Is there some option for this I am missing?
Post #: 1
RE: Broken units - 2/25/2016 8:11:11 PM   
idjester

Just like a stack of counters... you have to look at the stack to see what is there. If the unit is broken it will be squad units will be in red. It is B+ there will be a counter on that unit.

Hope that helps.

Idjester

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 2
RE: Broken units - 2/25/2016 8:24:50 PM   
Paullus

Move the curser above the stack and right click. I'll show you the content

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Post #: 3
RE: Broken units - 2/25/2016 8:28:08 PM   
Gerry4321

There are actually creative ways to do this with the counters. If counters in a stack are staggered slightly then the bottom edge of each counter shows. This could be marked with a red color so you would not have to view the contents of a stack to see where the broken unit is.Saw a game where they did this and they even had a few colors on the counter edge to show a few characteristics simultaneously.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 4
RE: Broken units - 2/25/2016 8:28:21 PM   
FroBodine

It sounds like he already knows you have to click on the hex to see the counters. It sure would be nice if there was an indicator in the hex somehow, maybe a red dot or something, showing at a glance that there is a broken unit somewhere in this hex.

I don't own the game yet, so I'm not sure what it looks like now, but apparently you can't tell at a glance where any broken units are without clicking into each hex.

The game should take advantage of it being a computer game and give you an indication.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 5
RE: Broken units - 2/25/2016 8:34:43 PM   
toddtreadway

Yes, some indication without having to click on the hex is what I am looking for.

Thanks!

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 6
RE: Broken units - 2/25/2016 10:52:30 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

Yes, some indication without having to click on the hex is what I am looking for.

Thanks!

If a personnel unit is broken you will see its Broken side (see the bottom left corner of the picture), if the units is Broken+ then you will see as well "B+" as show on the picture below. However if a unit in a middle of stack is broken then you can right click with your mouse on the target a popup window will be displayed as indicated below in the picture. Noticed that Pinned Leader "P" below the pop-up window.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
RE: Broken units - 2/26/2016 3:27:57 AM   
toddtreadway

What if the broken unit possesses a support weapon?

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 8
RE: Broken units - 2/26/2016 3:30:02 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

What if the broken unit possesses a support weapon?

Then the weapon is displayed on the top of the unit, in which case right licking on the hex will show up the pop up window with all the details.

Post #: 9
RE: Broken units - 2/26/2016 3:34:10 AM   
Gerry4321

I wrote this above so apologies if you already saw it but this is what we would like if possible down the road:

"There are actually creative ways to do this with the counters. If counters in a stack are staggered slightly then the bottom edge of each counter shows. This could be marked with a red color so you would not have to view the contents of a stack to see where the broken unit is.Saw a game where they did this and they even had a few colors on the counter edge to show a few characteristics simultaneously"

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Broken units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI