Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do you lock the "Naval Review Details" form?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> How do you lock the "Naval Review Details" form? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do you lock the "Naval Review Details" form? - 2/21/2016 9:47:53 AM   
sanderz

I feel a bit stupid even asking this but how do you lock the "Naval Review Details" form?

The tutorial vid says to just left click on a port but for me this just selects a ship and does not lock the form.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/22/2016 6:10:33 AM   
paulderynck

If you mean how do you lock it so the last ships you looked at remain in the NRD form while moving your mouse over the main map? - I have never found a way. I end up positioning either the form or the map so no other sea zones or ports pop up during the movement of the mouse (FREX it won't change if you keep the mouse over non-port land hexes on the way from the main map to the NRD form). If all your units are in port or concentrated in only a few sea zones, the "Next", "Previous", and "Last" buttons can be very helpful along with the filtering buttons for ship ownership, subs, etc.

I've heard that the space bar is supposed to lock it, but that has never worked for me.

There's also another very useful form I often use instead of the NRD - it comes up when you CTRL-left-click on a naval stack.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 2/22/2016 7:12:42 AM >

Paul

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 2
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/22/2016 5:14:39 PM   
bo

Hi sanderz, not exactley sure what your problem is, but if it is left clicking on a port with naval units in it you will have selected the top naval unit on your cursor and then when you move the cursor away from the port to the Naval Review Detail chart the units vanish inside that window, if that is your problem then I would submit to you to try this.

Right click on the port where the naval units are [or on a sea box if there are naval units in that box] this will lock the naval units in the Naval review detail screen in that port or a sea box.

You will see in the picture I am showing you that I have already moved my cursor from the port [no naval unit attached to my cursor ] to the Naval review screen and I have not lost the units inside that screen, I am now able to select any unit I want inside that review screen and move those units anywhere I want to within the units allowable movement range.

Make sure there is seperation of the port and the the Naval review detail window on your computer screen.

The other box you see on my screen headed by next unit etc. is caused by the right clicking on that hex, it is annoying but does not hinder in using the Naval review detail window, also it vanishes once you start selecting units inside the review screen, I use it so many times that I really dont even notice it any more. Hope this helps.

Bo

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bo -- 2/22/2016 7:28:18 PM >

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 3
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/22/2016 6:14:25 PM   
paulderynck

Bo - just tried it - thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Paul

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 4
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/22/2016 6:17:27 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Bo - just tried it - thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

You who get 99 things corrected for posters about their game problems and I get one and your thanking me WOW!

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 2/22/2016 7:31:20 PM >

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 5
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/22/2016 6:50:14 PM   
sanderz

thankyou both

cheers

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 6
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/23/2016 1:26:38 AM   
juntoalmar

That's correct. I use the same system as bo explained. I believe it is explained by Steve in one of the video tutorials (how would I know, otherwise?).

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 7
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/23/2016 2:16:03 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: juntoalmar

That's correct. I use the same system as bo explained. I believe it is explained by Steve in one of the video tutorials (how would I know, otherwise?).

Look El Cid juntoalmar you could have been kinder to me by letting sanderz think I found the answer on my own, but no you had to tell everyone I learned it from Steve's Tutorial video's. That's all right I forgive you

Bo

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 8
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/23/2016 4:51:53 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Curiously, I didn't remember how to do this. So when I read the original post, I didn't immediately reply.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 9
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/23/2016 1:18:01 PM   
juntoalmar

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

quote:

Look El Cid juntoalmar you could have been kinder to me by letting sanderz think I found the answer on my own, but no you had to tell everyone I learned it from Steve's Tutorial video's. That's all right I forgive you

Bo

Sorry Bo, but I think I didn't explained myself properly. I meant that you discovered the answer on your own, and explained to Steve so he could include it in the tutorial...

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 10
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/23/2016 1:47:59 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bo

Sorry Bo, but I think I didn't explained myself properly. I meant that you discovered the answer on your own, and explained to Steve so he could include it in the tutorial...

Hmmm juntoalmar, you squirmed yourself out of that one you even got Steve confused, meaning did he put it in the tutorials or didn't he.

Bo

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 11
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/23/2016 10:05:49 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

I feel a bit stupid even asking this but how do you lock the "Naval Review Details" form?

The tutorial vid says to just left click on a port but for me this just selects a ship and does not lock the form.

Thanks

sanderz, the only thing that is stupid is if you do not ask a question, there is also another way of doing this without right clicking, make sure you move the Naval Review Detail next to the port, [drag the right edge of the form if you want to] do not leave a a white hex dot between the port and the review form and you wont have to right click.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 2/23/2016 10:14:36 PM >

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 12
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/24/2016 2:29:17 AM   
juntoalmar

quote:

[...] meaning did he put it in the tutorials or didn't he.

Bo

I should watch the video tutorial again to confirm... and that's not going to happen. But if I had to bet, I would say "yes". I kind of remember watching someone explaining the right-click thing... as it seemed strange when I saw it.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 13
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/24/2016 2:32:42 AM   
juntoalmar

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

Thanks

sanderz, the only thing that is stupid is if you do not ask a question, there is also another way of doing this without right clicking, make sure you move the Naval Review Detail next to the port, [drag the right edge of the form if you want to] do not leave a a white hex dot between the port and the review form and you wont have to right click.

Bo

As one of the Course Directors who directed my dive instructor course said: "There is no stupid question... with one exception. The only stupid question is the one that is not asked. You may get an stupid answer, but your question will never be stupid". Wise (and funny) words, that I repeat to all my students.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 14
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/24/2016 2:50:33 AM   
bo

quote:

quote:

[...] meaning did he put it in the tutorials or didn't he.

Bo

I should watch the video tutorial again to confirm... and that's not going to happen. But if I had to bet, I would say "yes". I kind of remember watching someone explaining the right-click thing... as it seemed strange when I saw it.

I get feeling that Steve's video tutorials put you to sleep with that snoring emotican, actually Steve's videos are very well done and his voice is very soothing, and if I actually start to doze [never happens ] those damn sirens you hear all the time in downtown Honolulu will keep you wide awake

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 2/24/2016 2:53:32 AM >

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 15
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/24/2016 9:41:05 AM   
juntoalmar

Oh yes, the videos are grrrreat, but I don't think I would watch them again to find this thing!

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 16
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/25/2016 5:14:57 PM   
hazmaxed

quote:

there is also another way of doing this without right clicking, make sure you move the Naval Review Detail next to the port, [drag the right edge of the form if you want to] do not leave a a white hex dot between the port and the review form and you wont have to right click.

Bo

This is the method that I use. I did not know about the first method you mentioned, I'll give it a try.

There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "reloading."

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 17
RE: How do you lock the "Naval Review Details"... - 2/26/2016 4:29:54 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: hazmaxed

quote:

there is also another way of doing this without right clicking, make sure you move the Naval Review Detail next to the port, [drag the right edge of the form if you want to] do not leave a a white hex dot between the port and the review form and you wont have to right click.

Bo

This is the method that I use. I did not know about the first method you mentioned, I'll give it a try.

The method you use is probably the best, but if I am in my fast mode mood I just right click the port.

Bo

(in reply to hazmaxed)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> How do you lock the "Naval Review Details" form? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI