Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Victory and Glory: Ask anything!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> Victory and Glory: Ask anything! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/16/2016 7:48:43 AM   
Daniele

Victory and Glory: Napoleon will put you in the place of the Emperor himself in his attempt to forge the French Empire and to expand it across Europe!

This title features an elegant card system that gives the player the ability to recruit and upgrade new troops, trigger historical events, and to decisively alter the alliances between the great powers of Europe!

The game is not only limited to grand strategy. When your mighty armies meet the enemy, the tactical map gives you the ability to directly control your troops in battle!

This brief description gives you the highlights, but does not cover all of the subtleties of the game.

So if you have any questions about the game, on how it works, the scenarios, or other topics, this is your occasion to raise your voice!

Ask us anything about the game or just share your thoughts.
Post #: 1
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/20/2016 12:58:46 PM   
Ron

Will the game manual be posted to review? Thanks.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/20/2016 9:18:30 PM   
Matto

Will AI use cards too?

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, HnM I., P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, SC2, FoGII, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Ron)
Post #: 3
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/23/2016 1:19:03 PM   
Daniele

@ Ron
The Manual is almost done. Probably we will post ab abstract before the release

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 4
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/23/2016 1:21:17 PM   
Daniele

@Matto
Of course! And it will use them in a very cunning way!
This AI is close to be unforgiving

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 5
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/23/2016 3:03:00 PM   
Matto

Thanks for answer ... sound promising! Looking forward ...

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, HnM I., P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, SC2, FoGII, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 6
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/23/2016 4:47:18 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele

@Matto
Of course! And it will use them in a very cunning way!
This AI is close to be unforgiving

This looks great! I can hardly wait. Thanks

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 7
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/26/2016 4:10:28 PM   
Recognition

Yes looking forward to this.

Release date March 17th ?

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 8
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/26/2016 5:23:07 PM   
jack54

Hi again...

I have a question regarding the 'complex tactical battle' video. The French player advanced in the center and on left flank while 'neither side moved on the right flank.

Would there be advantages/disadvantages if a force (in this case the AI) filled that space. ie could it attack the force to the side (center).

Thanks!

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

(in reply to Recognition)
Post #: 9
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/26/2016 9:42:14 PM   
CSSS

Will there be Multi player eventually? Release March 17th?

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 10
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/29/2016 10:38:50 AM   
Daniele

@CSS and @Rush

I can confirm that the release date is: March 17th.

There is a general plan to add the multiplayer part in the future. Or at least to allow players to play as the British.
Actually the game has a very good balance and playing as Napoleon is fun but challenging. Adding one or more nations to play means to expect more balance issues to solve.

For instance, if Prussia was playable, the player could have a real hard start. He could have less resources than France/Great Britain, he is very close to the France borders (making the possibility to face an early invasion really hard to counter) and in case of an alliance with France the player could have to deal with other dangerous neighbors, like Austria or Russia.

It is not impossible, of course, but as you can see there will be a lot of things to keep in consideration.

Hope it helps :-)

< Message edited by Daniele -- 2/29/2016 10:40:27 AM >

(in reply to CSSS)
Post #: 11
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 2/29/2016 11:00:59 AM   
Tamas

quote:

ORIGINAL: jack54

Hi again...

I have a question regarding the 'complex tactical battle' video. The French player advanced in the center and on left flank while 'neither side moved on the right flank.

Would there be advantages/disadvantages if a force (in this case the AI) filled that space. ie could it attack the force to the side (center).

Thanks!

Hi,

It could not attack into the center. However, leaving a flank (or the center) un-engaged leaves units there to move to adjacent areas (in this case the center) freely, so leaving a flank disengaged is a penalty/reward on its own depending on the specific situation.

(in reply to jack54)
Post #: 12
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/3/2016 9:11:36 AM   
Recognition

quote:

@CSS and @Rush

I can confirm that the release date is: March 17th.

There is a general plan to add the multiplayer part in the future. Or at least to allow players to play as the British.
Actually the game has a very good balance and playing as Napoleon is fun but challenging. Adding one or more nations to play means to expect more balance issues to solve.

For instance, if Prussia was playable, the player could have a real hard start. He could have less resources than France/Great Britain, he is very close to the France borders (making the possibility to face an early invasion really hard to counter) and in case of an alliance with France the player could have to deal with other dangerous neighbors, like Austria or Russia.

It is not impossible, of course, but as you can see there will be a lot of things to keep in consideration.

Hope it helps :-)

Thanks for the reply.
I can appreciate the issues about balance for other Nations. I`m really looking forward to this and hopefully command the French to "Victory and Glory"`

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 13
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/3/2016 4:58:14 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

Adding one or more nations to play means to expect more balance issues to solve.

Just being able to play both sides, either French/Allied or British/Coalition, would be great. Trying to include each major power as a separate human/AI playable country would probably be a Bridge Too Far...

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 14
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/4/2016 10:01:04 AM   
Gribeauval

Hello, I have watched the 7 tutorials of the game on YouTube.

When the player's army enters in a region hold by 2 enemy armies and when the player decides to attack one of these 2 armies, can the second enemy force intervene in the battle after the first round ?
(I was thinking about the Waterloo situation.)

There are also battlecards : can you use them to simulate the presence of field fortifications ? Can you use a card to get small reinforcements during the battle (to simulate fog of war : you don't know exactly what is the composition of the enemy's army, the battle screen displays 24 units, but you can't be sure that he will not get 1 or 2 divisions the next round)?

Best regards.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 15
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/5/2016 9:20:27 PM   
Kai

Will this game accomodate 3rd party combat resolution? (So that you could resolve combat out of the game using miniatures and then import the results back into the game.)

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 16
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/7/2016 3:09:39 PM   
Tamas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gribeauval

Hello, I have watched the 7 tutorials of the game on YouTube.

When the player's army enters in a region hold by 2 enemy armies and when the player decides to attack one of these 2 armies, can the second enemy force intervene in the battle after the first round ?
(I was thinking about the Waterloo situation.)

There are also battlecards : can you use them to simulate the presence of field fortifications ? Can you use a card to get small reinforcements during the battle (to simulate fog of war : you don't know exactly what is the composition of the enemy's army, the battle screen displays 24 units, but you can't be sure that he will not get 1 or 2 divisions the next round)?

Best regards.

Hi,

There is no separate "fortifications" battle card, but there is one with terrain that places 2-3 random defensive terrain features on the playing player's side of the battle. These give different bonuses (IIRC there is forest, hill, and town, but I could be wrong) to the unit that is moved onto them.

For reinforcing a battle with a stack - there is a card that simulates the successful execution of such a maneuver: it lets you move up to 5 units from a stack in the same or neighbouring region.

(in reply to Gribeauval)
Post #: 17
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/7/2016 3:11:32 PM   
Tamas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kai

Will this game accomodate 3rd party combat resolution? (So that you could resolve combat out of the game using miniatures and then import the results back into the game.)

There is no such feature.

(in reply to Kai)
Post #: 18
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/7/2016 10:01:55 PM   
gdrover

Kai -

I am a tabletop wargamer as well, and would like to add that feature to the game later. If we sell enough copies, we will invest more time in offering more content. This would be a great addition, and I will add it to our list.

Cheers,

Glenn

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 19
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/14/2016 11:35:23 AM   
toddtreadway

Is there another forum where the game is being discussed?

Honestly, this game has me more excited than any other Matrix release in a LONG time. Hannibal was such a terrific single-player game. I've been waiting for a follow-up for a long time. Yes, being able to play as the Coalition would be great (and so would PBEM), but I will still enjoy the single-player game if it comes close to Hannibal.

(in reply to gdrover)
Post #: 20
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/15/2016 2:59:45 AM   
basilstaghare

How many turns is the longest campaign? 6 turns per year = 90+/- turns for the 1800 start? Thanks.

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 21
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/15/2016 11:18:18 AM   
Stelteck

Is there a full campaign that covert all the period in one row ? Or specific scenarios ?

I see differents starts but does each scenario have a different end date ?

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 3/15/2016 7:00:47 PM >

(in reply to basilstaghare)
Post #: 22
RE: Victory and Glory: Ask anything! - 3/15/2016 9:39:52 PM   
jack54

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stelteck

Is there a full campaign that covert all the period in one row ? Or specific scenarios ?

I see differents starts but does each scenario have a different end date ?

Tamas posted this on the Sliterine 'Beta call' Forum:

The campaigns start from different points in time, but all go to the 1815 conclusion.

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> Victory and Glory: Ask anything! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI