Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Failed to extract project file to memory

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> Failed to extract project file to memory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Failed to extract project file to memory - 2/5/2016 7:56:39 AM   
Tazak

1.01.20 Public Beta

When trying to launch the game using the autorun.exe it gives "Failed to extract project file to memory" error.

I'm using Windows 10 and using admin settings but still get the same error, I've tried setting the compatibility settings to "run as admin" but still getting the error

Work around - launch the game directly from the game .exe works fine without setting admin rights

< Message edited by Tazak -- 2/5/2016 8:58:23 AM >

AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
Post #: 1
RE: Failed to extract project file to memory - 2/5/2016 8:06:22 AM   
zakblood

try and add the file exe to your anti virus and spyware / firewall engine, as it's a permission not game error, for me just running from an admin account and giving admin permissions worked but that's was on pro 64bit, not stand windows 10 home so maybe different, but glad it worked for you, altering the permissions in the shortcut works for some

(in reply to Tazak)
Post #: 2
RE: Failed to extract project file to memory - 2/5/2016 8:47:51 AM   
kch

What worked for me was disabling the firewalls, update the game to through the launcher (which failed in the past due to the firewall) and then add the patch afterwards.

I had the same error as you, but basically it was because the game wasnt up to date before I applied the latest beta patch.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Failed to extract project file to memory - 2/5/2016 8:56:23 AM   
zakblood

so it's now working for everyone, good to hear

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4018224

more information is here as well for reference for anyone else having issues

< Message edited by zakblood -- 2/5/2016 9:58:04 AM >

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 4
RE: Failed to extract project file to memory - 2/14/2016 10:42:22 PM   
Ostwindflak

For what its worth, I updated to this beta after buying Operation Torch today and get this error. I did all the suggested things and found that the only way I can open the game is to run the .exe directly from the game folder in C drive.

The Runtime error has locked me out of the start up menu for the game.

When I run from the .exe the most recent version of the game is in the upper left and it is correctly showing that I am running the beta patch in the bottom right however.

Also I did a fresh install too. Installed WitW, updated, installed Operation Torch, checked to make sure all was up to date and it was, then installed the beta patch. Still got the error even when installing as admin and turning my firewall off.

I am running windows VISTA x64 Home Premium if that matters.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Failed to extract project file to memory - 2/15/2016 8:08:04 AM   
Denniss

You could try to re-apply official 1.01.12 update, then re-apply the .20 beta. Both with antivirus off. What's your antivirus program?

(in reply to Ostwindflak)
Post #: 6
RE: Failed to extract project file to memory - 2/15/2016 2:01:58 PM   
Ostwindflak

I did that Deniss. Also I didn't have my antivirus on at the time of both times I installed the patches and for when I did a fresh install of the game. I use Spyhunter.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 7
RE: Failed to extract project file to memory - 2/15/2016 3:13:04 PM   
Ostwindflak

Update: I got it working. I did a fresh install for the second time and did a few things in a different order.

I installed WitW, then installed Operation Torch, then ran the updater through the game menu to get the latest official patch, then installed the beta patch. Now I have my start up game menu back and in game it says I am running the beta.

Apparently installing the base game, then bringing it up to the official patch before installing OT is not the way to go before applying the beta patch.

(in reply to Ostwindflak)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> Failed to extract project file to memory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI