Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retrans Sec

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Scenario School >> Retrans Sec Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retrans Sec - 1/21/2016 5:44:58 PM   
JohnOsb

Have a question, because maps are getting bigger, which I'm not complaining, because of the command radius of Regiment down to Company Headquarters, which I don't want to change, was thinking on adding Retrans Sec units with the command radius for the unit it is assign to.

For example there is three Retrans Sec assign to the 11 ACR HHT. What I would like to do is add the Retrans Sec to the Database, but would like for suggestions on how to build it? I want the Retrans Sec to have the same radius as the US Regiment/Brigade (12000 meters).
In the American Formations, the Tag would have to be RHQ so that it would have the same radius as the Regiment HQ, the Role will have to be HQ. Not sure what the "Unit Size" or "Is HQ Of" would be.

I also want it set for if it gets destroyed by arty or enemy direct fire to have a big impact on the ability to relay radio transmission between units to the Regiment Headquarters.

I hope I explained good enough on what I would like to do.
Post #: 1
RE: Retrans Sec - 1/21/2016 7:46:15 PM   
Tazak

John,

Best i can think of is adding an additional HQ similar to the soviet Div HQ primary and alternative HQs

It'll need to set as a COMV which you can tag as a company/battalion/regt depending on how far you want the rebro to reach in command radius(Rebro is the brit term - short for rebroadcast - i was lucky enough to do this and had me and 2 other blokes with a single spartan, 2x 8m masts and a couple of radio sets setting up in the middle of nowhere)

I'd suggest a single vechile which will provide a fragile target for DF arty fire. My understanding of DF spotting of HQ's is the higher the chain and more orders flowing through it increases the chances of it being DF'd.

So your OOB would look like

Regt HQ
-Rebro
Bn HQ
-Coy 1
-Coy 2
etc

Formation Tab:
Unit size set to section (..)
Is HQ of set to the HQ size required to provide the command radius you want

Units Tab:
SU Type (Col E) set to COMV
CompID (Col S) i'd created a new ID here for the rebro

< Message edited by Tazak -- 1/21/2016 8:52:06 PM >

AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

(in reply to JohnOsb)
Post #: 2
RE: Retrans Sec - 1/21/2016 8:55:19 PM   
JohnOsb

Thanks will start right away on testing it out, on the scenario that I will finish soon.

(in reply to Tazak)
Post #: 3
RE: Retrans Sec - 2/3/2016 5:29:39 PM   
JohnOsb

Yep it worked as Tazak explain to do. I have one retrans sec for the 1/11CAV to keep within the command radius of the 11ACR headquarters. Working on a scenario "Retreat is not an Option" using maps of Steinbach and Eiterfeld.

(in reply to JohnOsb)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Scenario School >> Retrans Sec Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI