Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I MANUALLY add pilots?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> How do I MANUALLY add pilots? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I MANUALLY add pilots? - 1/21/2016 2:17:39 AM   
caslug

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker here on WitW for a while, took the plunge over X-Mas. Still learning. I used play AE WitP and in that game, you can manually ADD pilot, if there was not enough xp pilots, then you added really green/rookies(ie 20-30 exp) then you train them up then move them to operational squadrons.

In this game I see where I can choose to add Trained only, normal, etc., BUT am I missing some button that allows "ADD" pilot(untrain ones)?

I want to be able to change some operational squadron to training ones, then add a bunch of green/rookies. Put them away form the fighting then let them train. But I can't seem to find the manual ADD button.

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: How do I MANUALLY add pilots? - 1/21/2016 4:52:16 AM   
LiquidSky

Hmm...I was going to say you could just click on a squadron name to bring up the squadron info...go to the pilot tab and add pilots...

But apparently you can only add trained pilots that way.

What you could do is open up the Commanders Report. Play with the filters so it shows only the squadrons you want to add untrained pilots to.

Then hit the Add Pilots at the top right. It will still want to use up any pilots in your pool first. But then, if you are the germans, you shouldn't have too many of them anyways, and if you are the allies, you never have to use untrained ones.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to caslug)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I MANUALLY add pilots? - 1/22/2016 12:48:58 AM   
caslug

Thanks LS, I tried doing with a few squadron with FULL roster, it didn't let me add. BUT I'll check it after a few turns for those ones that have lost pilots.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> How do I MANUALLY add pilots? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI