Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does the game have a campaign?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Does the game have a campaign? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does the game have a campaign? - 1/8/2016 2:15:57 PM   
FroBodine

The store page is very vague about pre-made scenarios and campaigns.

Does the game ship with one or more pre-made campaigns? The store page just says campaigns can be up to 504 turns.

But, it does not say if there IS a campaign, or multiple campaigns already, or if the editor just has the capability to create campaigns.

The store page seems to focus way too much on the editor, and almost nothing about what existing content the game has.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Does the game have a campaign? - 1/8/2016 6:10:31 PM   
Gerry4321

No campaign system AFAIK, just a scenario can have up to 504 turns (which is not the same thing as a campaign).

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 2
RE: Does the game have a campaign? - 1/8/2016 6:28:28 PM   
FroBodine

Ok. So, is there a monster scenario included in the game, designed as described on the store page?

Or do we just get the short, individual missions?

< Message edited by jglazier -- 1/8/2016 7:29:00 PM >

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 3
RE: Does the game have a campaign? - 1/8/2016 8:18:15 PM   
Peter Fisla

The game only comes with scenarios but a campaign can be designed. Campaign, is essentially a long scenario that can be up to 504 turns = 42 full days of combat. A campaign full day is broken down to: a day portion + night portion. A Day portion is 8 turns and uses day LOS and night is 4 turns and uses night LOS option. This can be configured in the scenario editor, except that the day is fixed to 8 turns and night is always fixed to 4 turns.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 4
RE: Does the game have a campaign? - 1/26/2016 4:45:53 PM   
RobearGWJ

This has been bugging me... It's not really "full days" in the campaign, right? It's like 16 minutes of daylight and 16 minutes of night?

I'm a little concerned how the abstraction works. I can think of some battles where it took days to capture (say) a block of buildings, but it's certainly not the usual situation.

How does the campaign time abstraction actually play out?

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 5
RE: Does the game have a campaign? - 2/24/2016 8:32:19 PM   
juv95hrn

I really, really, REALLY hope the game will get an inclusion of campaigns, like Red Barricades for ASL. I think this would be the most important feature for me. ASL scenarios are all nice and everything, but once you played ASL campaigns, its hard to go back to the end-of-the-world rushes of the last turn of scenarios.

(in reply to RobearGWJ)
Post #: 6
RE: Does the game have a campaign? - 2/24/2016 10:20:54 PM   
Paullus

I'm working on one but it is not ready yet. It will take a couple of weeks more. When it is ready I will post it on this Forum.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to juv95hrn)
Post #: 7
RE: Does the game have a campaign? - 2/24/2016 10:42:23 PM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobearGWJ

This has been bugging me... It's not really "full days" in the campaign, right? It's like 16 minutes of daylight and 16 minutes of night?

I'm a little concerned how the abstraction works. I can think of some battles where it took days to capture (say) a block of buildings, but it's certainly not the usual situation.

How does the campaign time abstraction actually play out?

Game play abstractions can be problematic and sometimes frustrating. However if game resolution is not tied to real time and is an imagined abstraction, then you can imagine that time period to be anything you like.

Over time I have become more impressionistic in my appreciation of games. When it feels right to me, if it is challenging and fun, then I usually enjoy it.

(in reply to RobearGWJ)
Post #: 8
RE: Does the game have a campaign? - 2/25/2016 2:51:50 PM   
vonRocko

So, no pre made campaigns!? That is too bad. I was looking forward to this game.

< Message edited by vonRocko -- 2/25/2016 2:53:05 PM >

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 9
RE: Does the game have a campaign? - 2/25/2016 4:26:17 PM   
idjester

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

So, no pre made campaigns!? That is too bad. I was looking forward to this game.

There are already campaigns in the works man... they will be released shortly after launch I'm sure.

I'm working on a one and I am sure that there will be some done by other people once they get their
hands on the editor.

The size and scope are there to do in the editor it just needs the time to make them and get them out.

idjester

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Does the game have a campaign? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI