From: Valladolid, Spain
1) This guy is really meticulous.... At turn 1. But when the game is ON, you make turns like crazy.
1 turn/day for you. Of course, with no warning. He has planning all his offensive prior beginning of the game, and later is only puting the plan on map.
You, on the other side, begin the game blind. No clue about attack axis, but you know it will be hard and relentless.
Spend some turns (5-10) at fast pace to see what type of game he is making. Then stop your pace. Begin to plan your defense with the intel and keep him controled.
2) FORGET that "(traditionally I take them all in a colossal amphib meat grinder but it was too slow to win last game) ". It's a big no-no at Witp. Be the surgeon, not the butcher. Invest heavy at recon/intel. Train some Bomber groups at recon. Fly them til you are fed up, and then launch them again to do recon. It's impossible make a shell at all the Pacific. There is more than one crack. Find it, put 3 USMC divisions there. AF9, Liberators. End of the game at this zone to the japanese.
3) If he is skillful with planes and pilots, you too. Training on map, extensive. Not engage but with a large number of fighter, concentrate them to avoid be destroyed piecemeal. Concentrate your CVs, your fleets... Britis bombers only at night. USA bombers at bay til u got 4Es, or good 2Es. 2nd rate fighters are that, 2nd rate, only for emergencies.
4) I disagree about Cats at T.B. I have used them and it's funny when it works but he only need one good cap ( and he looks like very good at that ) to torch enoughs PBY to lost your main asset at naval search.
5) Dutch bombers should train at lowN, and spend them at the fight of Java/Sumatra. But don't employ them til the invassion is comming.
6) He is good with industry. Use your SS to sink those TKs and with no fuel.... Put A LOT of engineers at Oil Fields. They must burn. Launch an invasion doomed to fail only to bomb some aircraft factories... ( crazy!! ). Palembang must be filled with engineers ASAP. Fight for it. He needs to take it intact, and must take care. You no.
7) Move your fleet. Decoys, once, twice.... Make him move the fleet. You have unlimited fuel, he doesn't.