Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of things to be changed / amended?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of things to be changed / amended? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of things ... - 12/30/2015 7:33:24 PM   
cavalry

John,
I am paying RA as 2 day turns as allies now in Sept 42, you may see how the game is going if you wish. Its basically pretty interesting.
there are quite a few odd things with British Indian units not being able to be bought back from the dead pilethere are also units like HAA units there never seem to get replacements.
There are also tons of air units to remember to withdraw. There is no point in having them in as they come in and go out so fast in my opinion. Is all this as designed or is it awaiting a further tidy up.

Some or all ships maybe should not with draw considering Japan is much stronger - what do you think.

I also have never used any of the special air units you can buy out I never have enough PP.
Cav
Post #: 1
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 12/30/2015 9:39:08 PM   
ny59giants_MatrixForum

Please let me know what issues you are having. I've done BTS Lite and will be doing BTS, RA, and Treaty mods this weekend, I hope.

There are two or three at start Indian Bde with incorrect TO&E. I've fixed this and few others for the Allies, but may have missed something.

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 2
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/2/2016 5:11:08 PM   
cavalry

OK NY59 I will make a list - thanks for the reply...

Yes some of the allied units cannot be recovered there seem to be some Indian or other allied HAA units that never seem to get any guns or does it just take forever? Please check that units are able to take replacements maybe?

Is the allied starting experience as designed many units seem very low - Gurkas for instance should be good troops even at the start of the game? There are probably others.

there are some Australian units MOT Inf it looks like that can enter Strategic mode but never seem to move? I know they are restricted but I have Japs landing in northern Australia.

Some French ships have very poor commanders and there seems to be just one or two on the list you can use to replace?

You need a plane for the French sub?

The main thing that bugs me is the very high number of units ( air and naval) that quickly withdraw. I also never found anyway to use the ones you have to buy into the game with PP. Could not a few of these withdraw units stay in the game as Japan is stronger - especially the naval. I am losing many PP by being less organised than expected and so many lost for such silly ships like ap ...As its a what if scn I would like to have more ships as well:)

That's a few thing for now I will find some more when my opponent sends the next turn but he is on holiday until well into next week.

(in reply to ny59giants_MatrixForum)
Post #: 3
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/4/2016 3:10:30 AM   
Vader5

John III, NY59,

Can you tell us when the updated BTS and BTS Lite scenario files will be posted to the RA web site? Hopefully, I will have a new game starting soon.

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 4
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/4/2016 2:32:20 PM   
John 3rd

Hi Sir.

Michael has gotten the updated BTS Lite files to me. I am presently going through them.

Michael: What about regular BTS???

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Vader5)
Post #: 5
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/5/2016 1:20:05 AM   
Vader5

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Hi Sir.

Michael has gotten the updated BTS Lite files to me. I am presently going through them.

Michael: What about regular BTS???

Ready to start a BTS Lite game. What is the ETA for the new files on the RA web site?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 6
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/5/2016 3:50:51 AM   
John 3rd

I shall Post them tomorrow morning. Will do a quick look through and then Post here that it is done.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Vader5)
Post #: 7
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/5/2016 2:49:53 PM   
cavalry

OK can you post a list of changes and if they will work with games in progress - thanks for the ongoing support?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 8
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/5/2016 3:21:34 PM   
John 3rd

OK. BTS--Lite is uploaded and available for download. The changes are listed on that page of the website.

Doubt if these changes can be implemented within a game Cavalry. Sorry about that!

We'll do similar updates to Treaty Mod, Reluctant Admiral, and BTS. Michael is spearheading most of this work with just minor tweaks from me. When he gets the scenario files to me I'll Post the updated availability at that time.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 9
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/5/2016 5:49:44 PM   
cavalry

OK noted - actually I will look at the mod changes for RA when you post it it would be good to have a list to see here what you caught , changed and improved.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 10
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/11/2016 1:03:49 PM   
ny59giants_MatrixForum

I have sent John an updated version of RA on Saturday. He already has gotten BTS and BTS Lite. However, this morning I was reading the thread on the M3 tanks. In my game vs John, we have just started Dec 42. Right now I have over 400 M3 Grant/Lee and over 300 Matilda II in my pools. Meanwhile, in India I'm still awaiting more General Lee to be able to replace the at start Improv AFV (Hvy) tanks. Since these mods are based on DBB mod, there are all these tanks not being used or being able to be used. What changes would my fellow players recommend??

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 11
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/11/2016 1:34:11 PM   
cavalry

They need to fill out the units - I have also issues seeing LAA and I think HAA arriving with no guns and not seem to be filling out - also my UK infantry I am not sure are getting any replacements.

You saw my comments about the ships and the huge number of unist that withdraw soon after they come on - they are all pointless. I also never use the special PP plane pools there is never enough PP to warrant using them and I do not see their worth in the mode - much rather have units arrive and stay on the map...

Post #: 12
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/11/2016 2:27:04 PM   
ny59giants_MatrixForum

Can you list the units you think should not be withdrawn?

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 13
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/11/2016 3:46:16 PM   
cavalry

Many I have already done as I am in Oct 42

there are loads of B17 , fighters recon planes mainly US ones.

The ships are mainly I think other allies. The British CV should not go I feel as the Japs have such an advantage.

I will try and come back with more.

Post #: 14
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/11/2016 4:38:07 PM   
John 3rd

Keep adding to the list. It is interesting to see the ideas/thoughts.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 15
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/12/2016 8:39:53 AM   
cavalry

OK will do.
I need to open my game turn to give you more.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 16
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/13/2016 4:18:06 PM   
cavalry

I suggest looking after looking at the game look at the plane withdrawl log and ship one and review decide which units should never come on and if they do which should stay - given the strength of Japan? I have already withdrawn quite a few units so it needs looking at from turn 1. I am always looking round the map for stuff which has to go, shuffling pilots etc, racing ships to ports. Anything going before aug42 I do not even bother using except for training now I realise its difficult to manage. I am losing a lot of PP -

The allied OOb ( US seems about right but others are very variable) could be looked at on ground units as there is a very wide variation in the quality of units and some units seem very low quality like Gurkas there are plenty more. The Indian army is terrible does it ever get any better?

I can send you my game to have a look around if you wish we are in Sept 42?

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 17
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/16/2016 4:57:34 PM   
cavalry

OK here is another - have some more upgrades for French ships...

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 18
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/16/2016 5:20:49 PM   
ny59giants_MatrixForum

The Allied OOB for land units is unchanged from what you find in DBB mods except for the ability to use PP to get 13th Armored Division in mid-Dec '42. The Indian Army has poor experience and morale at start. Its always been that way.

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 19
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 1/17/2016 4:15:58 PM   
cavalry

OK noted.

Post #: 20
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 2/7/2016 1:22:05 PM   
cavalry

OK found some more...
Arriving allied CVE arriving with 2 x 24 planes and the capacity is 28?

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 21
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 2/7/2016 1:37:26 PM   
ny59giants_MatrixForum

There are two types of CVE in AE and those haven't been changed in these mods. One are regular CVEs and the one you point out are the replenishment type which have two air groups and twice the normal airplanes on board (two air groups totaling 54 planes).

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 22
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 2/7/2016 2:53:50 PM   
cavalry

ok thanks s the repl ones work ok being overloaded?

Post #: 23
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 2/29/2016 6:19:36 PM   
DanSez

Thinking of starting a RA 7.9 game and looking at the in game Naval Database screen

Why Does CA Myoko and it's upgrades all have zero tower armor?
Other CAs have tower armor from 16 to 150.

CL Yahangi also shows zero tower armor.

Thanks
Please disregard, I checked stock and Myoko has zero tower armor there as well.
And some CLs also have zero tower.

so I assume the above are correct or at least intended.

< Message edited by DanSez -- 2/29/2016 9:21:07 PM >

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 24
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 2/29/2016 10:42:35 PM   
traskott

Same here with Nevada and Brooklin classes...

(in reply to DanSez)
Post #: 25
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 3/4/2016 5:11:41 PM   
cavalry

2nd British Division seems to have no squads but does have aviation support?

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 26
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 3/4/2016 5:42:46 PM   
John 3rd

Hey Sir. Michael and I have been working on an update for all three Mods. Am currently at work but will check this out when I get home.

Will Post with answer.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 27
RE: RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of thi... - 3/4/2016 6:21:38 PM   
cavalry

OK that's fine - I just hope some fixes can apply to games in progress - we are now nearly in December 42. It would be good to publish a list of fixes.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RA 7.9 - Is that the latest. Is there a list of things to be changed / amended? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI