Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Bloody First - Operation Torch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> The Bloody First - Operation Torch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Bloody First - Operation Torch - 12/28/2015 4:43:25 PM   
CGGrognard

The Bloody First (The Big Red One -U.S. 1st Infantry Division had it's first engagement in November 1942 in Operation Torch. This
Operation was the Allied invasion of French North Africa, with The Bloody First landing at Oran, Algeria on 8 November 1942. Elements
of TBF fought at Maktar, Tebourba, Medjez el Bab, Gafsa and the Battle of the Kasserine Pass (where American forces were pushed back).
The Bloody First then went on to lead the allied assault in brutal fighting at El Guettar, Béja, and Mateur.
The 1st Infantry Division was in combat in the North African Campaign from 21 January 1943 – 9 May 1943, helping secure Tunisia.

If the game is to be dynamic as in CC3, then all of these battle locations should be included. I look forward to the release of
The Bloody First in 2015; silly me, meant 2016!

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
Post #: 1
RE: The Bloody First - Operation Torch - 12/28/2015 6:29:51 PM   
pad152

It was also General Patton's first battle of WWII but, lost all communications and played no part in it, until is was all over. He then got in trouble by leaving pro Nazi's in charge of local governments.

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 2
RE: The Bloody First - Operation Torch - 1/4/2016 5:41:01 PM   
Steve McClaire

The current campaign design for the Tunisia campaign includes operations in the Medjez-el-bab, Sbiba, Kasserine, El Guettar, and Mateur areas. The 2-3 days of fighting against the Vichy French in Algeria will not be included -- off the top of my head I think St. Cloud was the only significant battle there.

Steve

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> The Bloody First - Operation Torch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI