Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Do minor issues with game effect game play?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Do minor issues with game effect game play? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Do minor issues with game effect game play? - 12/25/2015 1:12:59 PM   
riflebrigade

I am considering purchasing War in the West but there appears to be minor issues with the game.

For example Air Directives not retaining specific unit assignments, and issues nominated in the Tech Support Section.

Do the minor issues effect game play and will these issues be corrected in the next updates?

Obviously a game as complex as War in the West will need extensive play over a considerable time to determine issues with the game and enable programers to provide necessary updates.
Post #: 1
RE: Do minor issues with game effect game play? - 12/25/2015 1:53:50 PM   
Hofstadter

Its irritating sometimes when these bugs occurl but for me theres already enough going on that another 15 seconds of readjustment doesnt make a difference

(in reply to riflebrigade)
Post #: 2
RE: Do minor issues with game effect game play? - 12/25/2015 6:07:49 PM   
szmike

No, those issues are minor at best and you don't see them often.

(in reply to Hofstadter)
Post #: 3
RE: Do minor issues with game effect game play? - 12/25/2015 6:20:06 PM   
Seminole

quote:

I am considering purchasing War in the West but there appears to be minor issues with the game.
For example Air Directives not retaining specific unit assignments, and issues nominated in the Tech Support Section.

I haven't experienced this myself. I usually as the Axis manually assign the air groups in my air directives. I've done it as well with the Allies in the Battleground Italy scenario. I'm experimenting now with auto assignment just because it allows you to spread a group across multiple missions, but it requires some tuning to not burn up your available air mileage early in the week.

quote:

Do the minor issues effect game play and will these issues be corrected in the next updates?

I've played about two dozen games, mostly campaigns, over the last year and there has only been one serious problem that I recall. For a brief period between patches there was a problem with the flow of supplies to beachheads, but that was fixed and my games resumed.

The patches for the most part, particularly the updates with Torch, made some really nice interface additions to help with managing the air war.
I can say from my own experience of identifying bugs or potential exploits, they're taken care of in patches pretty quickly when reported. Not sure what the patch cycle will look now that we're a year+ from initial release.

(in reply to Hofstadter)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Do minor issues with game effect game play? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI