Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reports only?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Reports only? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reports only? - 12/22/2015 4:43:23 AM   
Kolbex

So, I have definitely selected "reports only" in my game options, but I can still see all my counters moving around when I click "End orders," and I can see them after they have stopped, and I can see the enemy as well. Is this working as intended? How is this different from the other fog levels?
Post #: 1
RE: Reports only? - 12/22/2015 7:42:16 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kolbex

So, I have definitely selected "reports only" in my game options, but I can still see all my counters moving around when I click "End orders," and I can see them after they have stopped, and I can see the enemy as well. Is this working as intended? How is this different from the other fog levels?

Manual extract - Full FOW

'When units are visible on the map the player has to remember that that is only the last reported position of the unit, whether it be friendly or enemy. The reported positions may be several hours old, or even longer.'

The way I understand this, is that under Full FOW (Reports Only) the enemy units remain hidden until spotted and your own units, although visible, are not necessarily where indicated. The difference is, that in other levels of FOW the units are placed on the map in their current positions, in Full FOW (Reports Only) the unit counters are placed where the units were last reported to be.

The units are likely to have moved and the further away from the army commander they are, the more out of date the reports and positions will be, due to increasing message delay.

The map is not showing how the situation is, the map shows how the situation is reported to be and the closer to the army commander the more accurate it will be.

Slight complication is that the terms used in the manual differ from the FOW categories in the game screens, but 'Reports Only' equates to Full FOW.

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 12/22/2015 10:00:56 AM >

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

(in reply to Kolbex)
Post #: 2
RE: Reports only? - 12/22/2015 12:34:04 PM   
pzgndr

I am finding that deep breathing helps mitigate the effects of frustration and anxiety when playing with orders only.  Gotta luv it! 

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 3
RE: Reports only? - 12/22/2015 3:42:59 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

I am finding that deep breathing helps mitigate the effects of frustration and anxiety when playing with orders only.  Gotta luv it! 

It is soooh much more immersive than the click-fest games now out there.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
RE: Reports only? - 12/22/2015 4:28:03 PM   
Kolbex

Ok, cool. I didn't actually receive any reports after the turn...I hope I set it up properly. The game launch screen makes it seem like the fog options, etc. are changeable even on loading a save game. Is that correct?

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 5
RE: Reports only? - 12/22/2015 4:47:31 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kolbex

Ok, cool. I didn't actually receive any reports after the turn...I hope I set it up properly. The game launch screen makes it seem like the fog options, etc. are changeable even on loading a save game. Is that correct?

I do not think you can change settings after a game has started and been saved. You need to start a new game to get the settings you want.

(in reply to Kolbex)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Reports only? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI