Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1967)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> After Action Reports >> RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1967) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 10/20/2016 5:52:26 PM   
Crossroads

IDF Turn #32

Hmm, never a good sign to receive the hostile PBEM file with comments "Ah that's much better"

So it was, lost my rearguard Shermans to prowling Pattons, who are all over at me it seems. Do they ever run out of them!

My plan to bring the shattered remnants of my Mech Bde towards North, while encircling the Jordanian pincer are still on. Sort of. With safety so close they can literally sense it, they are both advancing towrds the enemy pocket, while running the risk of being pocketed themselves. Which will it be?!

Details of my turn #32 can be found at The Crossroads DAR vs Berto at Grogheads

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam | CS: East Front 1939-1941 IN-THE-WORKS
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 Fully reimaged v2.0 available now!

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 31
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 10/26/2016 4:52:58 PM   
Crossroads

IDF Turn #33
quote:

Disaster time!

See those three halftrack troops there, a click southwest from Hill 361. That's my Bn HQs providing support to my Mech Bde combat troops. I was carefully maneuvering them out of harms way, ensuring there's no hostiles in any hexes they have a LOS to. Well there were no SPOTTED hostiles anywhere. The prowling Patton troop or three could not believe their luck having the soft skinned vehicles parked in their gunsights... Up in smoke. What a disaster, the whole Mech Bde will probably spend rest of the battle in Low Combat Efficiency, cut out from their Battalion Nets and communication.

So yeah, went down to -16VP towards the Minor Loss threshold, my target for this game after the disastreous decision to have my Mech Bde cross the mountains in an effort to mimic Hannibal and his Elephants. The last 10 turns or so have been great fun though, and so it was I was able to claw back the Minor Loss deficit towards a +33VP surplus. The turn did leave me with several Shermans in plain LOS though. They will be toast.

Meanwhile, here's how it's looking like at the moment:

Oh, the ever so important Sherman-vs-Patton kill ratio: 48 burning Shermans vs 73 flaming Pattons

Details of my turn can be found at The Crossroads DAR vs Berto at Grogheads

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 32
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 10/30/2016 2:31:02 PM   
Crossroads

IDF Turn #34

Lost the three Shermans left vulnerable east of Jenin, while my Mech Bde slowly starts to close on enemy eastern pincer, which in turn is escaping towards eastern map edge. The little dance of death continues, with losses to both sides. Details of my turn can be found at The Crossroads DAR vs Berto at Grogheads

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 33
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 11/17/2016 3:35:19 PM   
Crossroads

IDF Turn #35

Not much of the plan remains, it is every man for himself, towards the safety of Jenin!

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 34
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 11/24/2016 5:09:23 PM   
Crossroads

IDF Turn #36

Very difficult to claw back the point difference the further the battle has gone, I only got to 285 this time around, so back to Major Loss category we are.

With his late success again, I am really hoping he decides to go for the city of Jenin, with those two objectives there. Go Berto, sound those bungles!

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 35
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 11/24/2016 5:09:47 PM   
Crossroads

That's some WReck markers, by the way!

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 36
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 11/27/2016 7:38:41 AM   
Crossroads

IDF Turn #37

Feels a bit silly to post the same comments and screenshots here as well, so I will just point to my Grogheads thread from now on

So here goes! Details of IDF turn #37 can be found at The Crossroads DAR vs Berto DAR at the Grogheads.

I found out I can hide the screenshots under Spoiler tags there to speed up page load times with browsers, so did that too.

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 37
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 12/5/2016 5:00:45 PM   
Crossroads

IDF Turn #38

I am now out from the cold, consolidating in an around Jenin. Not much happening, see if I can lure Berto out from his hideouts where I can hurt him...

Details of IDF turn #38 can be found at The Crossroads DAR vs Berto DAR at the Grogheads.

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 38
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 12/20/2016 4:18:11 PM   
Crossroads

IDF Turn #39

Not much taking place anymore, at least as far I can tell, hunkering down in the bunkers of Jenin. Jordanian artillery continues to be a pain, while I have basically run out of things to shoot at. Yet, here I am, holding Jenin, hoping the bored Jordanians decide to invade during one of the remaining turns

Down to 236VP, quite the loss. But I am still holding Jenin. Have I told you about that yet? And the killed-tanks ratio, looking good there too!

Gotta keep the good news flowing, otherwise they remove me from my command for sure...

Details of IDF turn #38 can be found at The Crossroads DAR vs Berto DAR at the Grogheads.

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 39
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 12/21/2016 5:08:43 PM   
Crossroads

IDF Turn #40 - This is it?

Having watched the replay, pretty much all the Jordanian forces have retreated from my LOS. I am not planning any major action with my depleted forces either, so I sent my turn to Berto asking if he's willing to suffer the humiliating loss of Jenin (no mention about his Major Win here, of course not ), in which case we can call it the quits.

Would be fun if he'd attack Jenin though, not much to defend it with, especially my armored force is down to nine runners, not much against the hordes of Jordanian steel out there!

We will find out soon enough, back over to Berto!

Details of IDF turn #40 can be found at The Crossroads DAR vs Berto DAR at the Grogheads.

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 40
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 12/21/2016 7:20:35 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

IDF Turn #40 - This is it?

Having watched the replay, pretty much all the Jordanian forces have retreated from my LOS. I am not planning any major action with my depleted forces either, so I sent my turn to Berto asking if he's willing to suffer the humiliating loss of Jenin (no mention about his Major Win here, of course not ), in which case we can call it the quits.

Would be fun if he'd attack Jenin though, not much to defend it with, especially my armored force is down to nine runners, not much against the hordes of Jordanian steel out there!

We will find out soon enough, back over to Berto!

Details of IDF turn #40 can be found at The Crossroads DAR vs Berto DAR at the Grogheads.

Nope, no Jordanian push towards Jenin, I guess both sides have had it! I added a SitRep post to my thread at the Grogheads, go have a look. A further analysis to follow, meanwhile, congrats to Berto for his well deserved victory

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 41
RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1... - 12/27/2016 1:38:07 PM   
Crossroads

IDF After Action Review

My After Action Review can be found at The Crossroads vs Berto DAR at the Grogheads

Thanks for following, was a blast!

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> After Action Reports >> RE: DAR vs Berto -- The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1967) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI