Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with troop loadouts

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Help with troop loadouts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with troop loadouts - 12/18/2015 8:45:41 PM   
Chris21wen

Basically I don't understand them.

From the pic you can see the current state of Fleet 8 and it's troop loadout. You can also see that one ship has space for a further 540 troops. The planet the fleet is at has 2 troops (special forces) available for load but the fleet will not load them. Further the percentage loaded on each ship does not follow the percentages shown. e.g. 1 ship has 2 x Inf, 2 x Arm, 2 ship has 4 x Inf, 3 ship has 3 x Arm, 4 ship has 1 x Inf.

From the fleet screen how can I tell the load size of a particular troop. All I can see is a percentage which means very little to me unless I can see the troop load size.

What am I missing overall?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Help with troop loadouts - 12/18/2015 11:35:11 PM   
Aeson

quote:

Further the percentage loaded on each ship does not follow the percentages shown.

The loadout determines how the fleet will spend its transport capacity, not how each individual ship will.

quote:

From the fleet screen how can I tell the load size of a particular troop. All I can see is a percentage which means very little to me unless I can see the troop load size.

You can calculate it out from the numbers of troops listed next to the percentages, or you can remember that infantry and special forces each use 100 transport capacity, armor uses 200, and planetary defense units use 400. If you do try to calculate out the unit sizes from the numbers given, be aware that whatever computes the number of troops appears to think that special forces are twice the size that they actually are (hence why you see only 3 special forces listed in your fleet loadout; it's either that, some kind of rounding issue, or an accounting error while trying to check how many troops can actually fit into the remaining space on the fleet's ships).

Note that the entire unit must be present on a single transport ship, which means that transports with capacities which are not integer multiples of 100 are somewhat unhelpful - for example, in your fleet you have 4 transports each providing 640 transport capacity, which gives your fleet a nominal capacity of 2560. However, 160 of this capacity is unusable due to it being in 4 chunks of 40 capacity, meaning that your fleet can only carry 24 units of infantry instead of the 25 indicated by its nominal capacity.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with troop loadouts - 12/19/2015 7:22:18 AM   
Chris21wen

Yeah I got all that. But why won't the Fleet load the special forces? I can load them on the ship but they will not load from the fleet screen.

A simple load size on the screen, or even a popup would help.

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Help with troop loadouts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI