Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Freighters on an endless refuel trip

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Freighters on an endless refuel trip Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Freighters on an endless refuel trip - 12/13/2015 7:23:02 PM   
tppytel

Next Atuuk game... no neighboring dinos or non-existent resources this time, but I did start without any Caslon nearby. The closest I could find was about half a sector away. I'm now 2.5 years in and I've finally finished my fuel station. But before that completed, half of my merchant fleet decided they would refuel at a Zenox gas station my explorer found... 2 sectors away. With empty tanks and base Gerax drives, that's going to take them years. Meanwhile they're passing right by the shiny new gas station I built right next to them. Will these guys ever get a clue and change course? It looks like I can choose to scrap them from the ship/base management screen. If I do that (to save the private sector the maintenance), will the private sector order up new ones?
Post #: 1
RE: Freighters on an endless refuel trip - 12/13/2015 7:44:32 PM   
Bingeling

Ships are very reluctant to drop an order. So don't expect them to notice the new fuel location until next time they consider to refuel.

The privates will probably build new freighters if they got enough money and feel there is a need.

(in reply to tppytel)
Post #: 2
RE: Freighters on an endless refuel trip - 12/17/2015 1:19:35 AM   
HerpInYourDerp

From experience, private sector ships will only ever drop a current order/mission if they come under attack or is forced to flee, which is really unlikely to happen if they're in warp. Scrapping is usually the only way to fix this problem imo.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Freighters on an endless refuel trip - 12/17/2015 2:25:54 AM   
Guardian54

Don't scrap unless your homeworld has a Bukkake Shipyard (spray the enemy with ships) on it, replacing them and all the stuff they were hauling will take time.

Let things be, they'll fix themselves next time they fuel up.

(in reply to HerpInYourDerp)
Post #: 4
RE: Freighters on an endless refuel trip - 12/17/2015 4:37:14 PM   
HerpInYourDerp

Which could take decades if they're out of fuel and crawling at 1/3 warp to their destination several sectors away.

(in reply to Guardian54)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Freighters on an endless refuel trip Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI