The developers at 2by3 Games are going strong, as Gary Grigsby’s War in the West has been updated to version 1.01.12!
This is a major update and alongside tons of new enhancements and improvements will serve as the common version for the upcoming Operation Torch tournament!
With over 30 new features – a new way to browse/edit Air Directives on the map has been added and the ground attack and recon AD target selection have been improved – and several scenario changes and bug fixes, this update makes this astounding wargame more realistic than ever!
Remember! The Tournament will start on December 14th! If you are one of the brave generals who have enlisted, make sure you have this update to participate in the contest!
You can download the patch from here.
Discover the rich changelog below!
• New Features and Rule Changes
1. Updated game engine to 9c DirectX SDK June2010 (latest available)
2. Made several changes to optimize game speed, especially in the logistics phase:
a. Added enhanced loop input check routine.
b. Reduced memory usage by battle data structure
c. Fixes for the path caching
d. Fixed supply movement cost calculation code
e. Fixed supply code bug (Apls connection)
f. Optimized unit scan in various functions
g. Made some CR data structures dynamic to reduce memory usage.
h. Optimized unit draw function
i. Adjusted input polling function
3. Added a new way to browse/edit Air Directives on the map:
a. When you select "show air directive targets" mode (shift-y), it is possible to move mouse over the text which will create selection, by marking text and square yellow.
b. AD name will blink if has no valid targets or no available aircraft/groups.
c. It will display all AD details as live map text, including no fly codes.
d. If show aircraft icons is enabled it will show the active aircraft for this AD
e. When clicking on text in air planning mode it will bring it to the particular AD edit mode
f. When you right click the map in AD edit mode it will exit to the HQ selection screen (in the same way as various detail (ex. unit, air group) screens can be exited)
4. Clicking AD name after air execution will enable AD battle display filter and switch to battle display mode. To disable right click or left click the AD name.
5. Disabled ground the unit box display when show air target is on.
6. Reduced AD text overlapping
7. Reduced lethality of the training flights
8. Increased probability of low exp pilots (<=50) to gain experience when flying training flights.
9. Increased air group mileage usage when flying over 25K (by 10% each 1000ft up to 100%)
10. Added extra pilot fatigue when flying over 25K.
11. Adjusted off rail value calculation.
12. Removed redundant off rail calculation after land combat.
13. Improved ground attack and recon AD target selection.
a. Reduced chance for the reconned empty air bases to be bombed
b. Units shouldn't be reconned when max recon value for the air recon is reached
c. If no valid targets available (units, af, etc.) it should switch to interdiction (terrain) type targets
14. Adjusted unit air recon function.
15. Reduced flight detection
16. Reduced disruption on the single plane flights done by flak.
17. Adjusted air to air combat functions.
18. Increased probability of night intruder attack.
19. Adjusted creation of new AD interface (trying to disable potential access to enemy units).
20. Improved AD display. Inactive ADs appear with black borders and no hex shading.
21. Adjusted air base nationality change code to keep the same unit ID
22. Disabled air/ground exports once end date of the import target item has reached its end date.
23. Adjusted production messages in the supply event log.
24. Static units may no longer be sent to the East Front.
25. Added the map text data to save files, so that future map text changes won’t show up in existing games.
26. Made some changes to the appearance of AD target boxes/names/path line.
27. East Front Option changes:
a. Reduced the chance for losses in aircraft on the Eastern front in air units under 10 aircraft.
b. Units on the East Front will be displayed on the East Front screen in yellow if their TOE is below 70%. They will still be displayed in red if they are unready.
c. Army Group HQs may not be removed from the Eastern Front. Army and Corps HQs cannot be removed from the Eastern Front if that size HQ is currently under the Eastern Front requirement.
28. Disabled map centering when selecting air hq on the list to create a new AD.
29. Disabled map centering when clicking on an unconfirmed AD.
30. Disabled hex shading for non-selected (mouse over) ADs.
31. Added a text button on the selected air HQ when creating an AD, which is used to zoom out and center on the air HQ.
32. Editor - Added ability to insert multiple lines in unit database in editor.
33. Editor - Added a find function for factory types when adding a factory to a location.
34. Editor – When a delayed/damage factory is moved to a different location the delay/damage info will now be copied to the new location if no such factory types already exists. The data in the old location will have these values zeroed out.
• Bug Fixes
1. Aircraft factories appear as AFV in strategic bombing priority selection screen. Fixed.
2. Amphib HQs can't move out of a ground units zoc form a ferry hex. Fixed.
3. Editor: fixed unit cut and paste function.
4. A large number of Allied controlled hexes in France switched to German control for no reason. Fixed.
5. Fixed possible CTD when loading generic data in editor.
6. Fixed possible CTD and bad behavior when clicked on arrived air group in reinforcement screen.
7. Player with FOW on can see enemy AI depot info when the n key is pressed. Fixed.
8. Fixed map centering after loading short/air scenarios.
9. Fixed unit CV fog display (changing values when hovering mouse).
10. Fixed leader rolls for the low level air hqs
11. Fixed distance to HQ display in CR for the air hqs.
12. Naval AD sorties/losses counted as auto naval sorties/losses. Fixed.
13. Inactive pilots are counted on the pilot training doctrine display. Fixed.
14. Fixed CTD when assigning AA units to the city (previous update).
15. Resource requirements were reset during railway point calculation, which was causing continuous resource shortage during next industrial cycle. Fixed.
16. Fixed bad used oil conversion report in the supply event log.
17. Removed roll which could cause supply/resource/oil shipment to quit prematurely.
18. Fixed battle structure save/load routines.
19. Fixed intruder flight reporting in the battle.
20. Fixed intruder flight interception.
21. Fixed fighter combat function.
22. Fixed air directive lines display during air execution.
23. Fixed air directive deletion bug.
24. Air group is not removed from AD correctly when assigned to another AD. Fixed.
25. Fixed intruder battle reports
26. Fixed bug on air losses battle display tab, which could cause a CTD.
27. Fixed bug in game load routine.
28. Fixed AD name overlapping on the map.
29. AD plane/target availability is not updated when air group settings are changed in CR or air group detail. Fixed.
30. Top menu is not refreshed when right clicking the map to disable AD filter and switch to normal mode. Fixed.
31. Fixed a case of the AI moving units in Westwall to a location they could not reach behind Allied lines.
32. Game load init script is resetting AD target/plane availability. Fixed.
33. Map zoom is changing when scrolling air HQs. Fixed.
• Data and Scenario Changes
1. Torch to Tunisia – Set Tunis as the arrival location for the 1/10th Panzer.
2. Several minor changes to Campaign 45 and Bulge to the Rhine scenarios.
3. Added 4 new leader photos.
4. 43 additional air HQs – Added some user names as pilots.
5. Changes to various data files made for WitE 2.0 but also now in the WitW files although it should have no real impact on WitW.
6. Wfdevice.dat - Renamed Device 791, the Mk.IV radar to Mk.VI radar. – Used the latest file from WitE2.0 and made this change.
7. Changes in Wfgtype.dat air profiles:
a. Created new profile for Fw 190F with 60-16-4 in late 44
b. 0003 GE Fighter - renamed GE S-E Fighter
c. 0004 GE Light Bomber - add a size increase in 9/44 from 40-12-4 to 48-16-4
d. 0005 GE Medium Bomber - smallest unit renamed from Schwarm to Kette
e. 0023 CW Transport - Default changed from 72-36-12 to 48-16-4, add 72-24-8 in 1/44
f. 0030 US fighter - February 45 changed from 75-25-4 to 84-28-4
g. 0032 US Light Bomber - Default changed from 57-13-4 to 57-12-4
h. 0033 US Medium Bomber - Default changed from 57-13-4 to 57-12-4
i. 0034 US Heavy Bomber - Default changed from 35-8-4 to 35-9-3
j. Added new profile - 0090 GE M-E Fighter - for twin-engined fighters/night fighters, as S-E fighters but 6/44 increase from 40-12-4 to 48-16-4
< Message edited by Daniele -- 12/14/2015 8:20:43 AM >