Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few more questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> A few more questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few more questions - 12/9/2015 10:39:31 PM   
HobbesACW

Hi folks, I managed to win my first game (training scenario) but I have a few questions.
Still trying to upload .jpg images but can't work out how to do it. I click 'Click here to upload!' - upload the image and tick 'Embed picture in post' and then preview but all I get is a blank message. What am I doing wrong?

Without images maybe I can still ask the questions.

What is considered rest? The manual states that morale can increase when a unit rests.
Is resupply considered to be rest - or just staying out of combat, not moving or being unspotted?
Are there penalties when getting emergency resupply or being low on ammo? I assume there must be?
Units don't fire as often?

A unit display can show 'Readiness = 17% (+16/hr)' - I assume this unit will gain +16 readiness per hour minus any new readiness penalties for being in combat out of command control etc?
Other unit displays show 'Low Readiness!' with no (+/hr) - they are too far gone to gain any readiness improvement?

I have an AT unit 3 hexes from its HQ with the text '<= 24 hexes from HQ' while armor units of the same formation 4 hexes from this HQ have the text '<= 12 hexes from HQ'. Why is there a difference?

Thanks,
Chris

Post #: 1
RE: A few more questions - 12/9/2015 11:01:27 PM   
Stimpak

A unit is at rest when it is not moving and not engaged in combat (ie. receiving fire). Resupply replenishes readiness and ammunition after 30 minutes, and less if it is either engaged in combat or out of HQ range.

A dev can probably help you more with what exactly readiness does - for me it doesn't weaken a unit's defense, but instead merely weakens it's "chance to kill".
Low readiness of course means the unit has very low readiness, and will need to resupply or disengage.

quote:

I have an AT unit 3 hexes from its HQ with the text '<= 24 hexes from HQ' while armor units of the same formation 4 hexes from this HQ have the text '<= 12 hexes from HQ'. Why is there a difference?

It depends on "strength" of HQ. A Battalion HQ has more influence than a Company HQ.

(in reply to HobbesACW)
Post #: 2
RE: A few more questions - 12/10/2015 6:48:18 AM   
HobbesACW

Thanks Stimpak but I was wondering about the effects of low ammo and emergency resupply. This happens instantly when ammo is low enough but I'm wondering what ill effects there are. I assume they fire less often?

The HQ in question is the same one - both the AT unit and tank unit are attached to it (have same green mark top right of counter) but show different text.

Cheers,
Chris

(in reply to Stimpak)
Post #: 3
RE: A few more questions - 12/10/2015 11:11:03 AM   
CapnDarwin

If I low ammo the rate of fire is cut and the unit will go into resupply if possible. As for the range issue, what scenario are you playing and what specific units are we talking about?

Work on Southern Storm continues as we squish bugs and work on features.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to HobbesACW)
Post #: 4
RE: A few more questions - 12/10/2015 5:51:57 PM   
HobbesACW

Thanks Capn Darwin. What conditions may prevent emergency resupply? According to the manual:-

'Emergency Resupply is automatic. Unit orders have no effect on emergency
resupply and the unit may be moving and/or fighting at the time.'

I'm playing the training scenario. I think I'll have to try and work out how to post screenshots.
It makes problems a lot clearer to explain! :)

Cheers,
Chris

< Message edited by hobbes -- 12/10/2015 9:15:19 PM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 5
RE: A few more questions - 12/10/2015 6:06:58 PM   
Stimpak

Turning off the 'emergency resupply' option in the Game Play options will prevent them from happening.

(in reply to HobbesACW)
Post #: 6
RE: A few more questions - 12/11/2015 7:22:08 AM   
Tazak

quote:

ORIGINAL: hobbes

Thanks Capn Darwin. What conditions may prevent emergency resupply? According to the manual:-

'Emergency Resupply is automatic. Unit orders have no effect on emergency
resupply and the unit may be moving and/or fighting at the time.'

I'm playing the training scenario. I think I'll have to try and work out how to post screenshots.
It makes problems a lot clearer to explain! :)

Cheers,
Chris

There is another emergency resupply feature that is slightly different to the auto resupply, if you have auto resupply ticked your troops will remain at 30% ammo (IIRC some slight resupply activity but been so long), there is a emergency/interrupt resupply that kicks in when a unit being resupplied and gets attacked or is in the next hex to an enemy unit this puts a unit to 30% ammo and stops the resupply.

AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

(in reply to HobbesACW)
Post #: 7
RE: A few more questions - 12/13/2015 4:06:38 PM   
IronMikeGolf

"I have an AT unit 3 hexes from its HQ with the text '<= 24 hexes from HQ' while armor units of the same formation 4 hexes from this HQ have the text '<= 12 hexes from HQ'. Why is there a difference?"

In the OB display, collapse everything, except "RHQ 1st". You can now see "SHQ 1st Arm", "1st Rec", and "1st AT" all report to "RHQ 1st" which has a command radius of 24 hexes because it is a Regimental HQ.

Now expand "SHQ 1st Arm" to see what units report to it. "SHQ 1st Arm" has a command radius of 12 hexes, because it is a battalion level HQ.

Expand "CHQ 1st Inf". That is a company level HQ and has a 6 hex command radius.

Jeff
Sua Sponte

(in reply to Tazak)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> A few more questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI