Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

14th Army HQ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> 14th Army HQ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
14th Army HQ - 11/27/2015 4:23:16 PM   
IslandInland

I bought the game a couple of days ago in the sale and like all newly purchased games I spend a lot of time examining the OOB for both sides. It's just something I like doing.

While doing this I failed to see the British 14th Army HQ arriving in the ground reinforcement schedule.

If I remember correctly 14th Army was formed from an already extant HQ, maybe Eastern Army. Does this HQ change it's name or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any replies.

I saw generals create imaginary "masses of manoeuvre" with a crayon and dispose of enemy concentrations, that were on the ground and on the map, with an eraser. Who was I to criticise them, hero as I was of a hundred "Chinagraph wars" of make-believe?
Post #: 1
RE: 14th Army HQ - 11/27/2015 5:12:46 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Funny, when I saw the thread title I was thinking Homma and the PI. Looks like I'm a JFB after all.
I'm not within reach of the game, but many units have name changes. It is quite probable that an HQ in India will change to 14th Army. Have to check the editor.

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 2
RE: 14th Army HQ - 11/27/2015 7:00:18 PM   
IslandInland

I loaded up the Editor and the only 14th Army I could find was indeed Japanese. The British Eastern Command in Calcutta seems to be the most likely candidate for a name change to 14th Army but it doesn't seem to change.

I've really no idea what I'm doing with the Editor so I could have missed 14th Army completely.

I saw generals create imaginary "masses of manoeuvre" with a crayon and dispose of enemy concentrations, that were on the ground and on the map, with an eraser. Who was I to criticise them, hero as I was of a hundred "Chinagraph wars" of make-believe?

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 3
RE: 14th Army HQ - 11/27/2015 7:17:16 PM   
Ambassador

The Eastern Army will change name in June 1943 to 14th Army. You can see it in the Editor (just launched it). It's the Location #117.

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 4
RE: 14th Army HQ - 11/29/2015 10:18:19 AM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

The Eastern Army will change name in June 1943 to 14th Army. You can see it in the Editor (just launched it). It's the Location #117.

Thanks a lot. I was worried 14th Army wasn't in the game for some reason.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> 14th Army HQ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI