Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My most requested feature - Wikipedia Links

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> My most requested feature - Wikipedia Links Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My most requested feature - Wikipedia Links - 11/7/2015 11:13:26 PM   
Fallschirmjager

I purchased this through the Steam sale back over the spring and I have really been enjoying it. However, one feature I would really like to see implemented down the road is for every system, weapon, ship, aircraft etc to be linked out to a Wikipedia page.
This game has such a massive library of hardware that I have to keep my iPad with me at all times and constantly look up what certain things are.

Does anyone else wish for this or is it just me who has the nagging need to know what everything is?

Janes Fleet Command back in the day had an ingame encyclopedia that was very useful.
I realize that game had the Janes license and had about 1% of the database that this has.

But Wikipedia can be linked to for free with no license costs. It is also nice to see a picture of the actual hardware since this game has no 3D (not that it needs it, but it's nice to have a mental image of what something looks like)

This would even be a community project as we collect links to the hardware.

Post #: 1
RE: My most requested feature - Wikipedia Links - 11/8/2015 1:27:11 AM   
michaelm75au

There are descriptions and images that can be added to the game - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441939

Michael

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 2
RE: My most requested feature - Wikipedia Links - 11/8/2015 1:36:18 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

There are descriptions and images that can be added to the game - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441939

No idea how I missed these. Thank you, guess I lost them in the mass of stickies.

This seems to be what I am looking for. There is so much in this game that I simply do not know what it is. This should really help.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: My most requested feature - Wikipedia Links - 11/8/2015 4:26:13 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

Yeah, but I am to lazy to do the database images and description downloads, so it is sufficient for me to just google something, like an image of the platform. Its made even easier as CMANO is in a Windows interface format.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 4
RE: My most requested feature - Wikipedia Links - 11/8/2015 4:41:11 AM   
Dysta

My idea is the put the CMANO database information to their own wikia. When player have to find out, it will automatically download the info from it.

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 5
RE: My most requested feature - Wikipedia Links - 11/8/2015 5:49:56 AM   
AlGrant

In addition to the in game database and the extra images here is this http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Main_Page Simply click DB300 or CWDB.

< Message edited by AlGrant -- 11/8/2015 7:14:17 AM >

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> My most requested feature - Wikipedia Links Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI