From: Santa Rosa, CA
Attached is a hotfix file for the public beta version. this is v1.08.07. This has one more fix that wasn't in 1.08.06 (bug fix 5 below). If you have 1.08.05 or .06, you just need to unzip this into the main Gary Grigsby's War in the East folder. This requires that your DirectX9 be up to date. You can find DirectX9 update info here if you need it: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
We hope that Matrix will be able to put out an installer version with this updated file next week.
1. Altered change #25 from previous patch, so that in order to prevent cargo loss during regular air drops, the airbase must be located in a hex that was under friendly control at start of turn (any spent Movement Points are ignored, since they are expended not only by moving, but also by using air groups located in that base).
2. Altered change #35 from previous patch, so that stack points are used instead of number of men (with the exception that corps combat units below 20 000 men are treated as divisional sized units), and the formula affecting defender was changed to ROUNDDOWN(MAX(1,SQRT(MIN(fl-1,mena/(3*menb)))),2) to kick in once the attacker will outnumber defender (in stack points) by 3:1, instead of 1:1.
3. Partially reverted change #41 from previous patch, so that units in city terrain may be again considered as being surrounded. City terrain will also no longer be considered dense terrain.
4. Reverted change #50 from previous patch, so that the number of firing elements will not be affected by dense terrain, only CV.
5. Altered change #83 from previous patch, and decreased Soviet penalty to repairs after movement to -10 (from -20 and -15).
6. Altered change #114 from previous patch, and reduced the chance to regain up to 10% of National Morale, restricting it to a flat 10% chance (disconnected from morale), and only for units that are within 10 MP of working rail net.
7. Made sure that the bonus for the AI to capture Brest Litovsk and Hanko in the early turns of 1941 scenarios is never applied to server games.
1. Fixed a major bug where units above their national morale level had at least 10% chance (possibly more) to revert to their national morale each turn.
2. Fixed a bug where more than one roll was used to determine weather, resulting in a higher probability of dominant weather type occurring. Now precisely always one roll will be involved in determining weather, and there will be a 25% chance that another randomly determined value will be used when showing forecast.
3. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to send air groups to reserve from a sorted and/or filtered air group list in the Commander’s Report window.
4. Fixed a bug where a unit could be destroyed twice in a single combat due to different reasons (lost of elements, surrendered), resulting in that unit being rebuilt twice, granting one free unit to its owner (if eligible for rebuilding).
5. Fixed a bug by partially reverting change #27 from previous patch, so that out of supply units, including units in airhead or beachhead supply will not rout, but be destroyed instead. The only difference is that units in airhead or beachhead supply will not be susceptible to be destroyed while retreating through hexes with enemy units adjacent.
< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 10/29/2015 11:30:50 PM >
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard