Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comparison

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comparison Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comparison - 10/29/2015 4:06:30 PM   
Daniele

The military doctrines of the Cold War required an incredible coordination and precision between the various combat arms. An impressive amount of firepower could be unleashed very quickly on multiple targets, breaching a prepared defence or turning a bold advance in an expanse of burning wrecks.

This volatile and dynamic nature of warfare in the information age is perfectly depicted in Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged – the upcoming Battle Pack for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm - and to allow players to better experience this kind of warfare this Battle Pack comes with some completely new and upgraded maps and scenarios, based on the original Flashpoint Germany but brought up to the latest Red Storm standard.

We would like to share some examples with you, so we’ve included some screenshots from the old release compared to the new one! Feast your eyes!

Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged is a new Battle pack for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm which allows veterans of the series and novices alike to play an advanced version of the all-time classic Flashpoint Germany as well as a new scenario on the brand new Eiterfeld mega-map. Alongside this release, we have a big update for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm coming as well.

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/01.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/02.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/03.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/FPGR_Ami_1.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/FPGR_British_1.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/FPGR_WG_1.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/FPG_Ami_1.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/FPG_British_1.jpg

www.matrixgames.com/amazon/Screenshots/FPGR/FPG_WG_1.jpg
Post #: 1
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 10/29/2015 8:09:55 PM   
pekische

The old map style of Flashpoint Germany looked really nice... I see it first time and it is charming..

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 10/29/2015 8:25:40 PM   
kipanderson

Hi,

looking forward to the new pack..

Keep it coming.. !!

All the best,
kip.

(in reply to pekische)
Post #: 3
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 10/31/2015 9:07:58 PM   
RangerX3X

quote:

ORIGINAL: pekische

The old map style of Flashpoint Germany looked really nice... I see it first time and it is charming..

I have been playing the old game quite heavily recently, and those maps were definitely a unique art style and quite impressive. However I would have to say I prefer the newer maps overall as they convey quite a bit of information rather quickly.

(in reply to pekische)
Post #: 4
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 11/3/2015 10:34:01 PM   
demiller

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X
I have been playing the old game quite heavily recently, and those maps were definitely a unique art style and quite impressive. However I would have to say I prefer the newer maps overall as they convey quite a bit of information rather quickly.

I'm glad to hear you say that, since I predicted you'd like the idea of this expansion in the Grogcast I did with the OTS guys.

AKA panzerde

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 5
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 11/13/2015 9:54:38 AM   
demyansk

I noticed the map and the hills identified very easily, in the tutorial the hills not identified like this, maybe no hills in the tutorial?

(in reply to demiller)
Post #: 6
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 11/13/2015 10:57:31 AM   
CapnDarwin

The maps in Germany Reforged are a step more enhanced than those that came out with the Player's Edition last year. That's the difference to the tutorial.

Work on Southern Storm continues. OTS will be at Connections UK in September (William)!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 7
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 11/13/2015 7:51:36 PM   
demyansk

Oh, thanks darwin, therefore, the maps in reforge are even better than the players edition.

Thanks for answering this question, nice

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 8
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 11/13/2015 10:46:20 PM   
Lowlaner2012

Hi Capn Darwin, thanks for the update and dlc, is there any chance that the players edition maps might be updated to the quality of the reforged ones at some point in the future?

Cheers :-)

< Message edited by highlandcharge -- 11/13/2015 11:49:17 PM >

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 9
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 11/14/2015 12:40:45 AM   
CapnDarwin

highlandcharge, there will be a maps discussion tomorrow morning in a dev session and we will be looking at the maps workload for upcoming projects and I can see if and when William may be able to do an updated set(s, there are both hex and grid). Right now we are focused on knocking out a handful of odd bugs with the 2.0.10 update and the GR release right now too.

Work on Southern Storm continues. OTS will be at Connections UK in September (William)!

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 10
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 11/14/2015 4:38:13 AM   
JPV511

quote:

I agree, and not to discredit the current FPRS maps in any way, but the original FPG maps were truly marvelous.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I actually had no idea the FPG maps were fictional. Had I known this, I may not have been as immersed. I'm glad to say, this is not the case with the FPRS maps.

Speaking of which, was there a discussion on why FPG had fictional maps?

(in reply to pekische)
Post #: 11
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 11/14/2015 4:38:02 PM   
CapnDarwin

JPV511, The old FPG maps were nice hand drawn maps with great detail but poor in being able to easily discern dominant terrain, elevation, or LOS in many cases. Our map goal is functionality with a good look and I think we are homing in on that perfect intersection with William's awesome map work.

As for fictional map discussion, so long ago I don't remember, but I think the old forum is still out there and could be searched.

(in reply to JPV511)
Post #: 12
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 11/14/2015 5:25:04 PM   
ashandresash

Maps in Germany Reforged are gorgeous, it'd be great if Red Storm's would get updated to that standard.

On the other hand, I like them over the original ones. I can't deny a certain charm on FP Germany, but... they also seem unplayable compared to the new ones. Which, by the way, are among the best-looking maps in the current wargame scene. I wish you're having the commercial success that you deserve... we need you developing more FPC content

< Message edited by ashandresash -- 11/14/2015 6:28:16 PM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 13
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 12/14/2015 12:44:20 PM   
kosmoface

quote:

Lovely. Like them way better than the new ones. :(

(in reply to pekische)
Post #: 14
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 12/14/2015 8:09:15 PM   
WildCatNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: kosmoface

Lovely. Like them way better than the new ones. :(

Have a look at the alternative graphics we're also offering (in this thread).
Perhaps one of these styles suits you better than the default one.

William

OTS "garden boy"

(in reply to kosmoface)
Post #: 15
RE: Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comp... - 12/20/2015 1:35:43 PM   
larrybush

Yes the old maps are kinda cool in they depict a satellite top down view. But the new maps are easy to pick out important terrain and elevation for much faster game planning and play.

(in reply to WildCatNL)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Flashpoint Germany Reforged New Screenshots: a comparison Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI