Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there anyway to hold fire with specific weapons?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Is there anyway to hold fire with specific weapons? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there anyway to hold fire with specific weapons? - 10/27/2015 7:34:23 PM   
ColonelMolerat

If I want to make sure my ship doesn't fire Harpoons, do I have to give it the order 'Do not use weapon against this target type' for every single target under the WRA, or is there a faster way just to say 'Don't automatically fire harpoons'?

Edit:

I've just noticed, if you disable a weapon against an unspecified target (Eg 'Ship, Unspecified') all of the rest of the targets (such as varying types of ship) default to being disabled too. Nice!

I'll leave this post up in case others are wondering, though!

< Message edited by ColonelMolerat -- 10/27/2015 9:00:17 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Is there anyway to hold fire with specific weapons? - 10/27/2015 7:43:47 PM   
wild_Willie2

Your ships won't do anything (besides defending themselves against air targets) without your permission.

Ships will simply not fire Harpoons without you either ordering them to fire, or you setting them to "Engage targets of opportunity".

W.

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there anyway to hold fire with specific weapons? - 10/27/2015 8:01:03 PM   
ColonelMolerat

It took me a while to work out how to have your ships engage automatically with most weapons, but hold fire on some others (I had been having problems with harpoons locking on to civilians).

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 3
RE: Is there anyway to hold fire with specific weapons? - 10/27/2015 8:27:34 PM   
wild_Willie2

If you open the side doctrine screen under the game tab, you can set "weapon control status" for surface targets to "TIGHT" only fire at contacts positively identifies as hostiles.

This should fix your problem.

W.

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 4
RE: Is there anyway to hold fire with specific weapons? - 10/27/2015 9:14:42 PM   
ExNusquam

If, for some reason willie's suggestions don't do what you need, you can disable automatic fire for specific weapons by changing their WRA settings for the "Unspecified" line to "Do not use weapon against target type".

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 5
RE: Is there anyway to hold fire with specific weapons? - 10/28/2015 12:26:30 AM   
ColonelMolerat

Yes, that was the problem. I sttll wanted to engage enemies, but with other weapons. I didn't realise that changing the setting for 'unspecified' changed it for all vehicle types(I thought it only changed it for unidentified vehicle types).

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Is there anyway to hold fire with specific weapons? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI