Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ASW patrol - ignore unfriendly targets?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> ASW patrol - ignore unfriendly targets? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ASW patrol - ignore unfriendly targets? - 10/25/2015 10:07:13 PM   
ColonelMolerat

I'm playing a mission in which there's an unfriendly sub (I'm to hold fire until fired upon).

My helicopter has detected it, and buzzes it, flying just overhead, unless I mark it as neutral. Marking it as neutral means my helicopter will carry on patrolling the rest of the area.

Is there any way to mark a contact as unfriendly (so I know it's there, and it's a threat), but stop my helicopters from hovering over them (ie, tell my helis to go back on patrol).

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: ASW patrol - ignore unfriendly targets? - 10/25/2015 11:14:26 PM   
Kushan04

Right click on the contact and mark it as unfriendly. They should then go back to their patrol. Be aware that if they are the only platforms tracking it, you'll lose contact and get an ambiguity zone (yellow circle) around it with a time have when you last had contact with it.

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 2
RE: ASW patrol - ignore unfriendly targets? - 10/25/2015 11:17:54 PM   
Rory Noonan

I don't think you can mark the contact as unfriendly and have the helos ignore it as such. You could either move the patrol/prosecution zone so that the sub is no longer in the zone (you would also need to ensure that 'investigate outside patrol zone' is off), or mark the contact as neutral. If you mark the contact as neutral you could rename it to distinguish it from other contacts.

I think the default behaviour is actually useful, as it would mean that the sub is tracked but not engaged. At the moment it seems that detecting and localising a sub is a little too easy due to a probable bug ( http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3953614 ), but once that's fixed, losing contact with an unfriendly sub would be a very bad thing indeed.

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 3
RE: ASW patrol - ignore unfriendly targets? - 10/25/2015 11:24:19 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Kushan - When marked as unfriendly, the heli just hovers over it, and won't got back to its patrol.

Apache - Yes, marking it as neutral and renaming it was the only solution I could find. It was a bit annoying (there was *a lot* of traffic in the area, so it was tricky to find later on), but I suppose you're right. On a normal mission, I wouldn't have wanted to lose it!

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 4
RE: ASW patrol - ignore unfriendly targets? - 10/25/2015 11:25:56 PM   
Gneckes

Right now, Unfriendly means a contact is treated the same Hostile in all ways EXCEPT for actually attacking- so an Unfriendly contact will indeed be tracked/investigated.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> ASW patrol - ignore unfriendly targets? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI