Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[ANSWERED] Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [ANSWERED] Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[ANSWERED] Finding units (selected in mission editor) o... - 10/22/2015 9:08:46 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Right! I've got the game! I'm running through the tutorials, and... so far... all is going well enough!

But... Is there any way to see units I've found on the mission editor, on the map?

I've got a group of bombers flying about, and I can see on the mission editor that they're still alive - is there anything I can do to select them or find them on the map?

Or do I just have to click each of the little icons until their name comes up?

Cheers!

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 10/23/2015 6:41:14 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map - 10/22/2015 9:29:23 PM   
IainMcNeil

Quick question - when did you buy the game?

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 2
RE: Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map - 10/22/2015 9:30:50 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Today! I ran home as soon as I saw it went on sale at 6pm... I've been refreshing Steam all day...

I hope to get Northern Inferno when it's released at midnight too. Why? How've sales been?

< Message edited by ColonelMolerat -- 10/22/2015 10:31:11 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 3
RE: Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map - 10/22/2015 9:32:49 PM   
IainMcNeil

Well many people say they can't play - did you buy on Steam or from us?

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Post #: 4
RE: Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map - 10/22/2015 9:43:04 PM   
ColonelMolerat

I bought it from Steam - no problems at all so far (besides not knowing how to play!).

I've only looked at the editor and played the first tutorial mission so far though.

I saw people complaining about download speeds, but it seemed fine for me. I live in the UK, and have fast internet though.

Edit: Also, congrats to all involved on a great game, I'm enjoying it so far!

< Message edited by ColonelMolerat -- 10/22/2015 10:44:49 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 5
RE: Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map - 10/22/2015 10:20:59 PM   
PaulWRoberts

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColonelMolerat

Right! I've got the game! I'm running through the tutorials, and... so far... all is going well enough!

But... Is there any way to see units I've found on the mission editor, on the map?

I've got a group of bombers flying about, and I can see on the mission editor that they're still alive - is there anything I can do to select them or find them on the map?

Or do I just have to click each of the little icons until their name comes up?

Cheers!

You can hit "O" to bring up your whole Order of Battle. Clicking on a unit in that list will select it and center the screen there.

Post #: 6
RE: Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map - 10/22/2015 11:56:54 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Thanks!

I'm gradddddduallllyyy finding my way around the game! I completed the tutorial... Then it had the CHEEK to give me a score of AVERAGE!!

Looks like I'm going to need a few more cups of tea, and a hell of a lot less sleep...

(in reply to PaulWRoberts)
Post #: 7
RE: Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map - 10/23/2015 12:39:29 AM   
PaulWRoberts

There's a LOT here! Digesting the manual (and the patch readmes and the manual addenda) takes quite a while.

Videos by Baloogan and others are your friends!

Post #: 8
RE: Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map - 10/23/2015 6:31:54 AM   
Rory Noonan

Another general tip; if you're not sure how something should work in the game, do a quick google search to see how it's supposed to work in real life. The depth of this sim is jaw-dropping, and with a few abstractions most things run close to as they would in reality (e.g. radar, jamming, sonar, weapon illumination/guidance, etc).

I've had many 'ah-ha' moments on Wikipedia or google after coming up with a question in the sim.

(in reply to PaulWRoberts)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [ANSWERED] Finding units (selected in mission editor) on the map Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI