Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[WAD + IMPR v1.11] SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles bug in BOL mode

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD + IMPR v1.11] SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles bug in BOL mode Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[WAD + IMPR v1.11] SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles bug in BOL... - 9/29/2015 8:18:56 PM   
wild_Willie2

I ran a few test to check the effect of jamming on SSN missiles and found out that SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles will ALWAYS miss in BOL mode against a jamming target while they both should have HOJ function. However, when I target them using the manual attack mode they hit close to 100 % of the time.

I will include a test save where I just fired two salvos of SSN-19 missiles at the same jamming target and you will see all 20 BOL launch missiles miss while the four manual attack mode missiles hit.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 1/16/2016 12:55:15 PM >

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
Post #: 1
RE: SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles bug in BOL mode - 9/30/2015 1:14:45 PM   
ComDev

Thanks for the report

What version of the sim are you using?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 2
RE: SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles bug in BOL mode - 9/30/2015 1:40:42 PM   
wild_Willie2

I am using RC11, B746.

W.

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 3
RE: SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles bug in BOL mode - 1/16/2016 11:57:40 AM   
ComDev

Okay hehe... I ran the attached scen in the debugger, with SS-N-19s fired in BOL mode.

This is NOT an error in the radar model. In fact you can try non-datalinked SS-N-2c (non-HOJ) and SS-N-2d (HOJ) and you will see. Rather, it is a by-design edge-case for re-targeting of datalinked weapons. Since the shooting unit is in active control of the weapon, it will only attempt to re-direct them onto targets that are in the ship's target list. This is to avoid wasting ammo on stuff that is of no interest to the shooter. I.e. only mission relevant or manually targeted contacts.

To see how this works, do this:

Got to Map Settings -> Targeting Vectors -> Show All. The targeting vectors are now shown, and there aren't any from the firing ships to the intended target.

Now try one of two things:

1) Order an automatic attack by the shooter onto the target. The target will be added to the target list, getting a green or yellow dotted line, depending on WRA settings. After a few seconds the missiles will be retargeted onto the target, granted it is within +/- 20 degrees of the missile.

2) Delete the Kirovs. The missiles immediately sense they are cut off, and go autonomous. They aquire the targets with their onboard seekers, and hit them.

I've made some very minor tweaks in v1.11 so things work slightly better in this particular edge-case, e.g. the missiles will not give up the retargeting cyclus after 4 failed attempts etc.

Thanks again guys for looking into stuff and asking questions

< Message edited by emsoy -- 1/16/2016 1:03:30 PM >

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 4
RE: SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles bug in BOL mode - 1/16/2016 7:12:48 PM   
User2

quote:

ORIGINAL: emsoy

Rather, it is a by-design edge-case for re-targeting of datalinked weapons. Since the shooting unit is in active control of the weapon, it will only attempt to re-direct them onto targets that are in the ship's target list. This is to avoid wasting ammo on stuff that is of no interest to the shooter. I.e. only mission relevant or manually targeted contacts.

I think that behavior of BOL mode weapons should be reflected in the game manual. Imho it is very important issue. Now I understand why my BOL-launched torpedos have ignored enemy ship. I have manually enabled torpedo's active sonar through data-link without any result.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 5
RE: SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles bug in BOL mode - 1/16/2016 7:49:30 PM   
mikmykWS

Agreed. We'll get to it one day.

Mike

(in reply to User2)
Post #: 6
RE: SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles bug in BOL mode - 1/16/2016 11:35:18 PM   
michaelm75au

How can you add a platform to the ship's target list without it trying to attack with other weapons if you select the automatic attack option? Say you had some of the SSN missiles still in reserve that were in range of the target.

I thought I might be able to re-vector the missiles to the target as there was a data-link by selecting the missiles and pressing F1 and the target. The green target line seemed to show up to the target from the missile but the missiles didn't follow it, so I assume this is because the data-link exists and the target is NOT in the controlling ship's list.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 1/17/2016 12:45:00 AM >

Michael

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD + IMPR v1.11] SSN-3 and SSN-19 missiles bug in BOL mode Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI