Hi, can't read the whole thread... too many pages.
So will just indicate a few things that I'd like to see in WITE 2.
* More clear/important impact of terrain on combat, per type of units. I'd love if a stronghold in the montain with a few companies in it to be hard to take even by large/strong units. Something as strong as the swamp effect on tanks in WITE1 which is the only case I find really convincing. In fact. I'd like something similar to TOAW.
* better impact of structures (bridges, lack of bridge, cities, villages, forts, etc) on movemnent/combat
* More orders like fortify, entrench and other engeneering works.
* More shortkeys like "next HQ". Generally speaking an improved system to better see units away from HQ.
* on-map arty able to fight at long range (several hexes) ! (like in TOAW in fact)
* better model for air bombing. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong but bombing an unit rarely has any effect ... (unlike bombing an airfield which has effect).
* naval warfare in the black sea
* improved bombing on production sites (I barely see any effect ... maybe my wrong doing ?)
* impact of the western front
Will probably have other wishes ... but so far, that's it :-)
Air bombing of ground units doesn't destroy, but disrupts lots of enemy elements, sometimes the amounts can be HUGE, measured in thousands of men. Disrupted elements don't take a part in battle and CV calculation after, so the overall combat effectiveness and CV will drop down accordingly.