Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario proposal -- Alaskan Coasting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario proposal -- Alaskan Coasting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario proposal -- Alaskan Coasting - 9/3/2015 9:24:37 AM   
Dysta

Base on this news:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/chinese-warships-off-alaska-during-obama-visit-074146115.html

Five Chinese naval vessels after Russia-China naval joint drill were heading closer to the coast of Alaska. Although still in international waters, Pentagon still aware this and regarding them as "behaving in a threatening way".

Those ships are with pennant numbers of 115, 547, 568, 989, 889, as three combat ships, one supply ship and one amphibious ship.

In time with 70th anniversary of V-day in WWII, the China promoting both military strength by parade, and the "promising peace" by reforming their military strategy.

The scenario in CMANO is when the coasting PLAN ships to Alaska turning into the forefront of the naval warfare, how 5 Chinese ships reassure their 'freedom to venture the international waters' under their own ambition. And how US coastal defense reminding PLAN's actual capability.

Both sides will becomes playable, as the objective to China is to aggressively coasting along the most west section of Alaska within economical zone. Both US coast guards and military machines are ready to remind China they're doing it wrong.

Yet it's also a time to prove how China is capable to make 'peace' militarily along with Alaskan coast.

It will take estimated 1 week to finish the alpha, and will submit the completed version to community scenario topic.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario proposal -- Alaskan Coasting - 9/7/2015 11:29:03 AM   
Dysta

First stage of scenario development: Making Civilian Airports along the coast of Alaska and islands.

A question though: the airport uses magnetic orientation and marked down on runways, but it's different from true orientation. What should I use in CMANO?

< Message edited by Dysta -- 9/7/2015 12:29:20 PM >

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario proposal -- Alaskan Coasting - 9/7/2015 2:31:42 PM   
Vici Supreme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dysta

A question though: the airport uses magnetic orientation and marked down on runways, but it's different from true orientation. What should I use in CMANO?

Not sure if I understood right. You want to change the bearing/direction of your airports/runways?

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario proposal -- Alaskan Coasting - 9/7/2015 2:36:38 PM   
ExNusquam

Considering I've never seen magnetic variation mentioned anywhere in Command makes me assume it uses true.

(in reply to Vici Supreme)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario proposal -- Alaskan Coasting - 9/7/2015 2:54:46 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Supreme 2.0

Not sure if I understood right. You want to change the bearing/direction of your airports/runways?

I know how to change direction. The question is there are two kinds of bearings when I search for runway details. Take Nome Airport as an example:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/PAOM

Runway 3/21

Runway heading: 031 magnetic, 042 true --- 211 magnetic, 222 true

Runway 10/28

Runway heading: 099 magnetic, 110 true --- 279 magnetic, 290 true

When I see the satellite image however, those runways are using magnetic bearings marked on them. None of the airport I searched are using true bearing.

https://www.google.com/maps/@64.5124064,-165.4410914,2224m/data=!3m1!1e3

In default I use magnetic bearings in CMANO, just not sure if that's correct.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 9/7/2015 4:05:56 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Scenario proposal -- Alaskan Coasting - 9/7/2015 3:03:16 PM   
Vici Supreme

Ah, I see! I had few cases were I used true bearing but generally I also use magnetic bearing. I'm fine with it and I think you can save yourself some work.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 6
RE: Scenario proposal -- Alaskan Coasting - 9/7/2015 3:09:05 PM   
Dysta

Thanks! Now I'm keep going.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario proposal -- Alaskan Coasting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI