Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CTGW Expansion ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> CTGW Expansion ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CTGW Expansion ? - 8/30/2015 3:19:50 AM   
operating

As much as I get BS with the CTGW management, I have to wonder why they did not try to do an expansion instead of another patch? First off the expansion could have done everything another patch would have accomplished and perhaps more, but here is the catch: The expansion would have some kind of customer cost, in-other-words a payment. It seemed that CTGW was not making the owners the money they expected, however, I thought an expansion would sweeten the deal for them to be active with the game and make a lot of current and new customers happy to have a new lease on life with CTGW... What do you think?
Post #: 1
RE: CTGW Expansion ? - 8/31/2015 9:31:03 AM   
Rongor

I think most people here would agree this game has potential to elaborate.

But since the devs sadly transferred the whole concept of the game into some ipad functionality this probably also meant limiting any further features right away. And yes, I am one of those who say strategy games shouldn't aim for more than one platform. The PC version of CTGW obviously could deserve much more content but game developers who wanna make sales on tablets and mobiles won't really care for that. The Lordz apparently have chosen this route, be it CTGW, Panzer Corps or Warhammer. Also Slitherine publishes now mobile compatible stuff like OOB Pacific, done by artistocats.
There is basically nothing wrong with developing strategy games for mobile devices, as long as you don't aim to keep the content equal (shallow) on the PC version.
That is why I generally strongly dislike how Slitherine seems to support this new deal, as it will lead to more shallower and uncared games in the future.

< Message edited by Rongor -- 8/31/2015 10:35:17 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> CTGW Expansion ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI